For those considering the car dock...

myarbro

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
So, when I got my Atrix, I was really attracted to the idea of using it mounted in the car to utilize its car dock options and to replace my Garmin (gave that to the gf who could get lost in a line at McDonalds). The only problem was that I couldn't justify spending the money on it, especially if I couldnt use my case (currently the Otterbox Commuter).

Also, I dont have a fancy stereo receiver in my Jeep. Just the plain old stock one. This means I would be using a a tape adapter or fm transmitter. This doeant bother me bc I had been doing so for years w my ipods.

So, one day I was in Target and saw a universal car dock for $15. I really wish I could give you guys a link but I cant find it on their site. I even tried to look at the dock itself for a brand name but their is none listed. I have seen it at multiple Targets though so it shouldn't be hard to find.

The point though is that there is no point is forking over too much cash for something with the Moto emblem on it that you cant uven use with a decent case. Go find you a universal one. Most appear to work with just about any case other than perhaps the Otterbox Defender.

Hope this helps some out.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Doyer

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
atrix_mount.png

Motorola Atrix 4G Car Mount | Arkon Windshield and Dashboard Mount for Motorola Atrix 4G

$15 and works with cases.

TPete19

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
This isn't quite the same. But gets the job done...

The Atrix plugs directly into the Motorola CarDock, automatically launching a car specific homescreen. You can also wire it up for power and audio directly. Very clutter-free if done right.

But I see your issues with cases not fitting in the dock. I bought a skin that I'm happy with. Doesn't offer much shock protection, but does make the phone grippier and protects from abrasion.

ygthb

May 3, 2011
Visit site
is there any way to access the "car app" without the official dock? I tend to use vlingo as my car app but was just wondering what it looked like in the official.

scottray

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I just recently bought the Moto car dock from AT&T online. It was $29.99 after a 25% promotion I found on the web. It comes with an insert if you use your Atrix naked. Or without the insert, you can use a thin skin type case. Note that it does NOT come with a USB to lighter socket adaptor. Wasn't a problem for me, because my truck has a USB socket. Also, the dock uses a 17mm Garmin type ball. Thus, you can use any type of Garmin compatible mounts that are available. I really like how the Atrix goes into car mode when you mount it in the dock.

njlx016

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I have my Atrix in an Otterbox Defender case and I just picked up a universal vent mount by Bracketron at Radio Shack. It was $20 and I really like it. It holds my phone securely and the arms on the side can slide up and down so they don't get in the way of the USB port and the dust cover on the Defender.

krisguy

VR Expert
Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I actually bought the car dock so I can take the top part and mount it to the handlebars of my mountain bike. It will make using Endomondo so much easier.

Sent from my Motorola ATRIX 4G on Tapatalk

isaacf

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
So, when I got my Atrix, I was really attracted to the idea of using it mounted in the car to utilize its car dock options and to replace my Garmin (gave that to the gf who could get lost in a line at McDonalds). The only problem was that I couldn't justify spending the money on it, especially if I couldnt use my case (currently the Otterbox Commuter).

Also, I dont have a fancy stereo receiver in my Jeep. Just the plain old stock one. This means I would be using a a tape adapter or fm transmitter. This doeant bother me bc I had been doing so for years w my ipods.

So, one day I was in Target and saw a universal car dock for $15. I really wish I could give you guys a link but I cant find it on their site. I even tried to look at the dock itself for a brand name but their is none listed. I have seen it at multiple Targets though so it shouldn't be hard to find.

The point though is that there is no point is forking over too much cash for something with the Moto emblem on it that you cant uven use with a decent case. Go find you a universal one. Most appear to work with just about any case other than perhaps the Otterbox Defender.

Hope this helps some out.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

You couldn't be any wronger. Owning The Atrix 4G's Car Dock adds a totally different experience to the Atrix 4G owning. For starters, it gives you a totally different home screen, much easir to use than the regular Home Screen. Buttons are larger and easier to see. Makes your music and phone calls, even navigation much easier to handle.
If you are not really convinced, check out a YouTube Video review.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glda19