Noob Killed his phone

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Oh boy- I shouldn't of messed it.....

Hello, first time poster here, sorry for it being long, please bare with me.

I have a Atrix with the gingerbread update, along with the lapdock. Upon figuring out that they want to charge you a boat load extra to use the lapodck- I was sold on rooting the device.

I followed quite a few tutorials from this site, along with the videos and other info you can find here.

Starting on Atrix4ghacks, I got the s/w packages required to root the device. Everything started off ok and went to seemly was going to plan. Once the phone rebooted for the second time, I was seeing a flash failed message on the RSD tool screen, along with the "failed to boot" death message on the phone.

Not freaking out too much yet, I went ahead and restarted the process and attempted again. This time it got further along, however the ending result is the same. "failed to boot" death screen. At this point, i am nervous that I just killed my phone. So, following the sticky's on flashing the phone back to stock, and getting the s/w update direct from moto.

When I try to run the s/w update from moto, it cannot ID my device and asks me to try later.

When I attempted the command prompt- I am not sure if I was not understanding or not, but CMD continued to give me fail errors when trying to find "cd C:\root" command, thus not allowing me to progress further.

Sooo, you can see I am in a lil trouble....

At this point, I honestly dont care if its rooted or not, Id just like it to boot again..

Is it possible I need to swap the mode when I boot? ex. rather than boot in RSD mode, maybe NV flash? (did not see it in the notes)

Thank you all in advanced! I really need my phone!!

Kage_

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Can you get in to fastboot? Hold the volume down button and the power on the device. If you can get there you can fix it. Check out XDADevelopers forum. There's a ton of threads there and I'm sure someone that can help out.

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Update-

From what I can tell, it looks like I "soft bricked" it, and will be able to recover using fastboot, and loading and image to it. I am not sure how to do this, but will do some more searching...

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Well, after being up most of the night-

I think I may have killed it. I find alot of things on being able to recover using the fastboot option. However none of the commands seem to find/work...

Did I just kill this thing anyone?

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Do you know of a way to "force"charge this unit? Battery is now too low to flash, and I am not sure if just leaving it plugged in will pass the charge through or not.

Ive been through a few fixes on here, though nothing really brought me past where I am now. Sadly, I now have a low battery.... I feel sick about this, it sucks.

bobbiac

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
need to charge from a moto sanctioned device (lapdock, HD dock, wall charger) when phone is not on. USB ports wont do it. They dont see the Atrix as a smartphone untill it boots and thus will not supply current properly. This is why the phone to be fully charged when starting to flash.

Reactions: Goochiemayne

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty