Bootloader workaround working (sort of) on XDA

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
First post says what is needed, he is asking for help with one particular step, everything is hush because they do not want Motorola closing the exploit before they are able to use it, and for bragging rights so someone else doesn't finish off their work. It means taking a huge step forward on development for the Atrix, more ROMs and such.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

UltraDroid

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Have you guys seen this - How To: Unlock the Atrix 4G Bootloader - BriefMobile - because it really DOES work. I now have a totally unlocked bootloader on my Atrix. There was also an updated version of the port that tenfar did, over on the xda forum, for Clockwork Mod Recovery, which makes CWR for the Atrix almost identical to CWR for the Droid or Inspire. That update can be found here - [Unlocked Only][Release]CWM Recovery Mod for Atrix 4G 2011-06-30 updated again! - xda-developers - but it's important to note that it ONLY works for people who have an unlocked bootloader. Until you unlock, you have to continue using that earlier version which requires you to have your phone plugged into the wall charger, to access android recovery.

-Mike