Guide to ULBL & Root on stock Atrix with OTA GB

Incognitum

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
The folks at XDA held my hand through the whole process yesterday, and here is the step by step process. The SBF flash hardbrick is only a problem for downgrading, it it safe for installing Pudding.

Incognitum said:
**I've been getting PMs for clarification: I didn't do a single mod to my phone before this morning. Stock ATT/Moto Atrix, installed stock ATT/Moto OTA GB update yesterday. Following these steps I am now BLUL and rooted.**

So here are all the steps needed to get a stock, OTA Gingerbread Atrix Unlocked and rooted:

1. Follow Brief Mobile's BL unlock guide here.

Things I found out that you may like to know:
-You will need to complete all steps *even the ones the guide says to skip*.
-When you enter your device unlock code, it is case sensitive; use caps-lock.
-The most recent SBF flash is in the XDA IHOP pudding thread, use this instead of the older file linked to in the Brief Mobile guide.
-When you are done, reboot will take a *long* time; just stay calm.

Edit: After 30 min on the dual core screen with the "unlocked" in the corner I pulled the battery... after reboot everything seems fine.

2. Follow Brief Mobile's guide to root here.

Thanks to brief mobile, and to the xda folks who held my hand through this whole thing the first time :)

Origional XDA thread

Incognitum

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
What are the chances of bricking the device, and if so how can you fix it since there is no more RSD lite?

From what I gather, rds will continue to work for any rom with pudding baked in. As for bricking, of course I offer no guarantees. I did these steps exactly and had no problems except the hang on first boot which was cleared on reboot. Apparently there is a fair chance of soft brick on the first time, but this can be solved by repeating the unlock procedure. I believe all of these issues are addressed in the xda thread linked in the op, it's probably worth reading through before starting.

Androidoholic
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
In the root guide, it says to have the ADB fastboot package... where is this? The link the article contains isn't active and I can't find it in the SDK

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ab07