Are we on the right track?

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
As the title implies, are we in the right track with automobile development worldwide?

What I mean is, nowadays you see cars that have touch screen displays in them, and all sorts of other frivolities. Are these luxuries really what automobile manufacturers should be focusing on?

Global warming is a reality whether you disagree or not, there is mass evidence to prove it. And automobile pollution is one of the largest contributors. Wouldn't their time better be spent developing new, less pollution creating methods to power vehicles? Please chime in with your thoughts and opinions please.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

SC1

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
No. Less time should be spent on electronic gizmos, and more time should be spent to make the car a better driver's car. The worst part is the "downsizing" of engines. Take for example, the e60 M5 which had a 10 cylinder engine, the new F10 M5 has a twin turbo 8 cylinder. The e60's V10 is what made the car in many ways, it's what gave it it's soul. The new F10 has doesn't have that, in fact it's engine's noises are piped in through the inside speakers and are fake, but it has more electronic gizmos then the last generation and will appeal to more people. Also many of these new generation of cars are not as "raw" as there predecessors, take for example the new Viper and the current gen. Viper.

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Global warming is a reality whether you disagree or not, there is mass evidence to prove it. Please chime in with your thoughts and opinions please.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Another word for global warming which is more commonly used is weather.

As for engines etc, give me a Boss 429 sitting under the hood of an early 70's Mustang over anything made today.

Last edited:

frekiluv

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site

You actually used a financial magazine article to support the misconceived notion that the climate is okay. Have you ever heard of biased reporting. Forbes would obviously support the illusion that our environment is fine. If you are going to reference information on science you should get reliable sources. That article is just heresay and biased interpertation on scientific data. This kind of referencing promotes widespread misinformation or what is commonly called rumors. Read a Science Journal on the same subject, interpet the data and then draw a conclusion. You should be sceptical of someone who gets paid by an entity that supports financial and/or corporate institutions and then reports on Science. Would you hire a scientist to give you financial advice? I would think not.

composed by my imaginary construct for you.

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
You actually used a financial magazine article to support the misconceived notion that the climate is okay. Have you ever heard of biased reporting. Forbes would obviously support the illusion that our environment is fine. If you are going to reference information on science you should get reliable sources. That article is just heresay and biased interpertation on scientific data. This kind of referencing promotes widespread misinformation or what is commonly called rumors. Read a Science Journal on the same subject, interpet the data and then draw a conclusion. You should be sceptical of someone who gets paid by an entity that supports financial and/or corporate institutions and then reports on Science. Would you hire a scientist to give you financial advice? I would think not.

composed by my imaginary construct for you.

Forbes like most other magazines reports on a lot of topics, I have read articles on Watergate in playboy and found the information to be more accurate and raw (not sugar coated or spun to death) Like it might be in a political magazine that leans to the right or left.

Weather patterns change, they always have and they always will. If they didn't we would still be in an ice age....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87