New Android Auto user - questions

MichaelD67

Jun 4, 2017
Visit site
Android Auto is new to me, but I'd like to set it up to use with my Lincoln MKC vehicle so I can use google maps navigation, instead of the onboard nav system. I'd really appreciate some information concerning the following:
1. When I connect my phone (Galaxy S6, os 5.02) to the car with the usb cable, I see google maps on the screen, but when I disconnect the cable, it's gone. The phone is indicating that it's bluetooth paired with the car, but .... does this work with bluetooth[/B], or do I have to keep the cable connected?

2. I'm wondering about how much data, on average, my phone would be using for google navigation. Is it possible to use google maps navigation with downloaded (offline) maps, and if so, are the nav capabilities any limited than what they'd be if I were online?

Thanks in advance for any help with this
MichaelD

inmate1905

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
Android Auto is new to me, but I'd like to set it up to use with my Lincoln MKC vehicle so I can use google maps navigation, instead of the onboard nav system. I'd really appreciate some information concerning the following:
1. When I connect my phone (Galaxy S6, os 5.02) to the car with the usb cable, I see google maps on the screen, but when I disconnect the cable, it's gone. The phone is indicating that it's bluetooth paired with the car, but .... does this work with bluetooth[/B], or do I have to keep the cable connected?

2. I'm wondering about how much data, on average, my phone would be using for google navigation. Is it possible to use google maps navigation with downloaded (offline) maps, and if so, are the nav capabilities any limited than what they'd be if I were online?

Thanks in advance for any help with this
MichaelD
You need to download WAZE on your phone and add a few favorite places you drive to. Great app for Android Auto. Will not work with I phones as Apple will not allow it. Shame.

You you need to keep the phone plugged in.