Audio question

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
In order to take advantage of the powerful audio system in the A7, must you use the built in music player or can you download your favorite player?

LeKeiser

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Hello,
Some apps let you use the Dolby application, some don't. I have tried a few, and Rocket Player does. So I bought it, it's a a good app. PowerAmp if my memory is right, lets you use it to.
I think you have to try the trial ones and see which one you prefer :)

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Hello,
Some apps let you use the Dolby application, some don't. I have tried a few, and Rocket Player does. So I bought it, it's a a good app. PowerAmp if my memory is right, lets you use it to.

AWSUME, all i use on all 4 of my devices is rocket player ftom jrt studios. Thanks.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

How do you get to use atmos with rocket player

Soreloser

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I couldn't get it to work with Rocket Player, only with the built in music app.

Edit: just tried it with my Bluetooth headset and it works fine with Rocket Player. I just turned it on in settings>sound.

Last edited:

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

Edit: just tried it with my Bluetooth headset and it works fine with Rocket Player. I just turned it on in settings>sound.

Ok, got it. To bad jrt doesn't incorporate a single icon to turn on straight from the rocket player app.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

You are correct. I shouted out to JRT studios about this and they did reply that at this time, rocket player does not support dolby atmos. But the stock music player is, actually, pretty good. And eith dolby, wow.

Soreloser

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Ok, got it. To bad jrt doesn't incorporate a single icon to turn on straight from the rocket player app.

On my Axon 7 when you swipe down from the top of the screen it brings up settings, and if you swipe down again it extends the list. One of the buttons is for the Dolby, to toggle it on or off.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Well I uninstalled rocket player. When I listened to music on the stock player, dolby atmos worked no problem. When I tried it on rocket player, not only did it not work, but it froze dolby in the off position. In order to get it working again, I had to reboot my mini.

russ8128

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
The built in player is actually ok. Sometimes Spotify, Amazon Music and Pandora can access the Dolby app, sometimes I have to start playing some music in the built in player, start dolby and then use Spotify, etc. A little workaround...

javyn

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Phonograph works fine with the Dolby app.

I've heard Neutron is a great music player because 64bit processing or something, but honestly the UI is so ugly I couldn't get past that aspect to even bother testing the sound quality.

I'm very picky with UIs for music and podcast players since most of the time I'm using those apps while driving.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Well, I decided to just stay with the stock music player. Since the reason I bought this was for the sound reproduction, the looks of the UI doesn't bother me. Its that dolby sound I want. By the way, I was so impressed with this phone, that when I saw the black Friday deal from Newegg, I grabbed the A7. 349.00 + beats headphones and black & decker coffee maker. I would have bought the A7 premium if it had the 821 chip, but couldn't see spending another hundred bucks for 2 more gigs of ram that we'll never use. Plus I really dont care for the gold color. With ZTE offering such large discounts on their phones, I've got a feeling that an A8 is right around the corner.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Audio system update

I received an astell&kern high resolution music player for Christmas. After downloading a few hd albums, i thought I'd put them on my A7 to try them out. I also downloaded the onkyo high rez music pkayer. I couldnt believe it, but the A7 sounded better either with or without the Dolby enhancement. It was superior to the A&K. This phone is wonderful. Works like a charm on everything except won't wake when I say "hello Google" if screen is off. It'll only reply when screen is on. And yes, ive got it set to answer in all screens.

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: Audio system update

Looking at my "ok google" setup, I have ZTE "My Voice" stuff "off". I have Ok Google for all screens on, trusted voice, on and I can activate Ok Google when screen is locked.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

Looking at my "ok google" setup, I have ZTE "My Voice" stuff "off". I have Ok Google for all screens on, trusted voice, on and I can activate Ok Google when screen is locked.

Ive been through every setting in my google app and phone settings. I've got my voice all off, and ok goigle for all screens on. I cannot find a setting for "trusted voice" anywhere on my device either under device settings or under Google settings.

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Go to Google app...settings...Voice..."Ok Google" detection..."trusted Voice". turn on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38