just got a rooted NC but not sure what OS??

poseidun

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I just traded an ipod for an NC. so far its cool but im not sure what os i exactly have. It loads straight to the droid OS WITHOUT an sd card in it. I have market place and i can watch youtube n what not its just alot of programs in market say my device isnt compatible.. not compatible with the nook app?? wtf?? I want to maximize my nook to be a tablet, anyone have any ideas on what to do to figure out which os i have and if i should change it? thanks

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Settings>about tablet> android version

Post what it says and we will help you from there. Also post what it says under mod version.

Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk

Reactions: poseidun

poseidun

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
ok so I can download most apps now.. But my question was never really answered. Is 2.2.3 the best version for the nook color? the browsing is slow.. sometimes in some apps the touch screen barely works but works fine in others... is android 3.0 better/faster?? how can I tell if my nook was overclocked?? any help would be appreciated.. thanks

roberto

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
CM7 is more useful than Honeycomb. 7.0.2 is fairly old (7.0.3 is available but I typically run the latest nightly). You can set the clock speed using CyanogenMod settings or the Nook Tweaks app (which requires a newer version of CM7). My NC says it is running 2.3.7.

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
ok so I can download most apps now.. But my question was never really answered. Is 2.2.3 the best version for the nook color? the browsing is slow.. sometimes in some apps the touch screen barely works but works fine in others... is android 3.0 better/faster?? how can I tell if my nook was overclocked?? any help would be appreciated.. thanks

Do NOT use Honeycomb. Its so buggy it isn't funny. First update to the latest nightly.
Then to overclock go yo settings~cynogenmod settings~performance~cpu settings~then raise the max to 1100 or 1200

---------------------------------
Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk

If this post helped you don't forget to say thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty