I"m sorry to rehash this topic, but, the last time the issue was addressed was almost a year ago. I'm sorry, I'm a total amateur, but, I can follow directions and I'm not totally stupid, just kind of stupid, but, I've followed a million directions, tried this dozens of times, and, STILL cannot get it. I would be super grateful for some advice.

So, I"m trying to turn my nook color into a tablet. I've installed what I THINK is the latest version of honeycomb and service packs, but, every time I try to boot from the SD card, it is a no-go, and, when I open the files in the nook, I get messages that it can't recognize the file type.

My questions are:

1. Where can I find the current software, I've googled it so many times, and, keep getting different advice?
    2. Because I've tried so many times, are there existing files that need to be deleted? Like, when I open the nook on my computer, only the standard B&N files are there, but, I don't know if I've screwed with it so much that I am lost. Well, I"m definitely lost, but, how do I get home?

I would really appreciate anyone's advice that may help in the least. Once the SD card is in the nook, I"ve tried rebooting several times. I"ve watched demos on youtube, and, they all have similar elements, but, essentially are different. I've noticed that most of the existing info, at least that I can find, is old. I can't find anything from 2012. I would LOVE someone with advanced knowledge (moderator?) to advise.

In advance, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! I simply cannot afford a tablet right now. Maybe when the new, cheap iPad is released, but, I really want to do this, I've invested too much time!!!!

Charlotte
    10-20-2012 09:28 AM
    1st don't use honeycomb. It has been explained to death why it sucks.

Follow my guide here http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=126431

Install CM7 for the best experience.

You also were not clear if you were installing to your internal memory or an SD card. Internal is always recommended and an SD install will be nothing but problems unless you are using a SanDisk branded class 4 or above

Sent from my HTC Evo V 4G
    girlygirlygirly likes this.
    10-21-2012 06:46 PM
    Thank you for taking the time to respond! I am happy to install to internal memory, I never read on it.

Thanks again, I"ll let you know how it goes.
    10-21-2012 07:14 PM