Nook for Android app issues

zerosaiyaman

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Hey all. I used the most awesome guide and Honeycomb v03 update to give my Nook a nice makeover. However, I still want to use the e-reader functionality while in Honeycomb so I don't have to pull the SD card and reboot back to stock.

I got the Nook for Android app, and it installs and loads fine. However, when I try to open and read a book (after downloading it), the application crashes. Turning off page animations and messing with other settings has no effect.

Has anyone else experienced this in Honeycomb or other versions, and is there a known reason or fix?

netposer

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Yeah... Since the Nook Android app requires a virtual or physical sd card is there a way to make a virtual SD card on the physical sd card that's runny Honeycomb on the sd card?

craig139

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same issue when running CyanogenMod 7 out of a uSD card. The app runs, I choose a book and then it crashes. This is since the update that includes magazine reading functions.

KimPossible

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
hmm, I'm running CM7 from an SD card and not having those kind of troubles. My SD is a sandisk 16g, class 6 I think. Those of you having trouble -- SD close to capacity?

artcwolf

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
i never had good luck with the nook app for android period since it was released and running on my unrooted phone. it wouldn't sync, it was a nightmare. i went to the kindle app and have been there since.

melt2sk8

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Try "Cool Reader" at the Android Market. It works with all of my epubs. Not sure if/how it would work with other formats, tho.

jkeeler

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
does anyone have the apk for the older version that worked? i'm running cm7 from the nook not an SD and same issue, crashes whenever i try to open a book

tollertwins

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
i was just going to ask about this....

have had the same issue on an 8G card running froyo (that had not much on it)...and am now having the issue was well on a CM7 4g card which is about half full.

jkeeler

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
i kinda feel stupid for not trying this first instead of coming online looking for the answer but.... uninstalled and reinstalled and now it works great including magazines. NC running CM7 from internal memeory

WraithStalker

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
The Nook app is nice on CM7 but I still find myself coming back to Aldiko. The bookshelf sorting is nice and the fact that it actually displays covers on imported books is something the Nook app won't do at all.