mac - device won't connect when trying to install market

jcvane2

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
i have read every post. i have googled endlessly. watched a blurry video. i haven't spent this much time researching since owning the origina l storm.

i installed hc on to the sd card. it boots up fine. i moved the two files that i downloaded to the platform-tools folder. i know it has to be something stupid. but this is what i type into terminal and it i can't get it to remount, find the device or do whatever it is supposed to do. what am i doing wrong?! please help. thanks in advance

JC:~ jc$ /android-sdk-mac_x86/platform-tools/adb shell mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mmcblk1p2 /system
error: device not found

Last edited:

jcvane2

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
also this im on a mac so i don't think its usb drivers.
is there something different than terminal that im supposed to be typing these commands into? i have never felt so dumb

PID317

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same issue. When I type ./adb devices in the terminal I get no devices listed. It's like my mac does not recognize the nook. Like the OP I installed HC on the SD card with no problem. Boots up just fine, looks fantastic. Just at the moment can't load the market. Anyone have any ideas?

bjordan

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I've had the same issue from Linux. I've followed several walk throughs including ones on Nookdevs.com.

I'm not sure if OSX has the command "lsusb" but you can try it. It'll basically list all the devices connected through USB.

(in a terminal)
1) Unplug your nook, type "lsusb", take note of the list
2) Plug in the nook, type "lsusb", see if a new item is listed. *

*Note: it won't be listed as "NookColor" or anything obvious. It'll basically be a long ID. Just note if a new item is on the list when it's plugged in.

This will at least let you now if it's connected through USB.

roberto

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem with my Mac. I installed the ADBWireless app and can make a wireless connection without any problems as a work-around.

bjordan

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem with my Mac. I installed the ADBWireless app and can make a wireless connection without any problems as a work-around.

Problem with the HC preview ROM is it's not rooted so you can't install adbWireless and you can't root without ADB ... >.< .... Chicken and Egg problem. :confused:

Jons_Lovebug

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Oh man, glad I'm not the only one. I know I'm not THAT smart with computers, but I was thinking I was being extra dumb or something not being able to figure it out. I hope someone comes up with a solution so I can load the market!

thh8888

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
This is an old thread but I just figured this out so I am posting it for others to benefit.

To get the ADB on Mac to recognize the Nook, follow this intructions:

On a terminal window:

# mkdir -p ~/.android && echo 0x2080 > ~/.android/adb_usb.ini && adb kill-server && adb devices