Nook Color MicroSD sizing

pred8er

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I am considering buying a nook color, root it and drop honeycomb on the SD card, just wondering if you a 8GB microSD is enough for the honeycomb and apps.

Any noticeable speed differences with the various classes that microSD's now have?

Not sure if I should go for a

Class4 8GB
or
Class2 16GB

thanks

ioo

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
Class 4 from Sandisk. You should be able to pickup a C4 16gb. You can use a partition resizing app like EASUS to resize the honeycomb partition after you burn it to the SD card.

pred8er

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Class 4 from Sandisk. You should be able to pickup a C4 16gb. You can use a partition resizing app like EASUS to resize the honeycomb partition after you burn it to the SD card.
If I use a 16GB sd card and the honeycomb OS uses only a certain percentage, will the rest of the free space on the SD card be available on the SD card for storing files (music, videos) or does the remainder of the SD card need to be formatted to a specific partition?

OrionAntares

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Well here's a related question. How difficult is it to start with a smaller card then copy the image from that card over to a larger one later?

ioo

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
If I use a 16GB sd card and the honeycomb OS uses only a certain percentage, will the rest of the free space on the SD card be available on the SD card for storing files (music, videos) or does the remainder of the SD card need to be formatted to a specific partition?

Thats what EASUS is for. Use it to re-size the partition to use the full capacity of the SD card.

pred8er

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
should i extend the FAT32 partition use that for the nook? or should I be extending one of the linux partitions? I think the linux partitions would add space as direct storage but not sure if a linux partition is extendable?

anyone have any views on this?

thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non