Problems with Google Play Music on Nook HD+

D-Caf

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
So does anyone else have this problem? Google Play music is installed by default now on the Nook HD+ but doesn't show up in Apps.

You can see Google Play Music in the Play Store, and start the install process but it appears to fail silently.

Thing is that it does install and it does work, IF you use the push volume up while tapping and holding the apps word on the Apps screen to cause the extra apps list to show up where there, low and behold, is the updated and installed google play music.

Does anyone else have this problem with Google Play Music not showing?

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Yes.

Erase and Deregister.

Then should be fine.

Not sure if you've been on Android for a while or not, but generally (in MY experience), it's always best to Factory Reset a device (which is what the Erase and Deregister does):

1. After a Major FW update (the 2.1 update classifies)
2. After a large maintenance update (relatively large number of bug fixes - very small ones I don't bother)
3. After a version bump (i.e. Going from ICS to JB or GB to ICS, etc.)

But yes, the Google Music problem was quite common. Just Erase and Deregister the device and you'll be fine.

D-Caf

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Well, when I originally did the upgrade to the current version (with google apps) I had erased and deregistered. Not sure when google music disappeared from the apps menu, may have been on an update (I thought I had seen it previously).

D-Caf

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
What ever the problem was seems to have fixed itself with-out a need to wipe/reset. May have been the nook update or a play music update. Either way it's in the apps list again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87