How to Root the Droid Bionic

SoCalFlasher

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
No need to go thru all that yall. Copinli posted in another thread this link:

http://vulnfactory.org/public/motofail_windows.zip

This WILL root the .902 update even if you were not rooted before. It's quick & easy peasy!!!

Just have TB installed & ready then use this link to root .902!!!

And then you can freeze or get rid of all this new bloat they put in.

This took less than 5 minutes to install on my bionic. :D

Worked for me....THANKS!!

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
i dont know if i mentioned this before but ive never done anything like this at all ever, so do you just put those files in that zip into the "support files" folder of the other one, or is there an executeable im supposed to use in there that does it for you?

SoCalFlasher

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
i dont know if i mentioned this before but ive never done anything like this at all ever, so do you just put those files in that zip into the "support files" folder of the other one, or is there an executeable im supposed to use in there that does it for you?

1. Download and install Motorola Drivers on your PC Download Here
2. Download the zip file http://vulnfactory.org/public/motofail_windows.zip
3. Unzip all the files into one folder
4. Connect your phone to your PC via USB
5. Confirm USB debugging is enabled on your phone
a. Goto to Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging
6. In the folder where you unzipped the files, double-click the "run.bat" file
7. Follow the onscreen instructions, and let the program do the rest.

Process should take no more that 5 - 10 minutes.
Phone will reboot twice, to confirm that your phone is rooted, look for a new app called "SuperUser"

I would always advise you to backup your phone before doing this as a precaution, but if done right, you won't lose anything.

Hope this helps

Reactions: siciliansoccer55
Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
it worked, thats exactly the step by step i was looking for. They should make that the new sticky. SO much easier to understand for people that are morons to this stuff like me.

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
after i rooted, it had installed this thing called mog and slingbox and i cant delete from normal user level. they're just commercials and i want to delete them. but i wanted to make sure it wasnt anything neccessary that needed to go with the rooting crap.

SoCalFlasher

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
after i rooted, it had installed this thing called mog and slingbox and i cant delete from normal user level. they're just commercials and i want to delete them. but i wanted to make sure it wasnt anything neccessary that needed to go with the rooting crap.

The MOG and slingbox, came with the last Verizon Update, so those were there before you rooted.

There is an app called Titanium Backup that you can get from the market. Well worth the money to pay.

Use Titanium and "freeze" the apps that you can't uninstall conventionally. Remember you want to FREEZE the apps not delete them, as I had to learn the hard way.....LOL

SoCalFlasher

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
i have the free one, but I dont know what i should or shouldnt freeze. I was looking over the sticky list that was provided, and it was just a lil intimidating haha

I would just start by looking in the app drawer and making note of the apps you don't want then start with those. The rest you can play with.

We you freeze and app, it doesn't disappear until after you reboot your phone

noisemaker

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Get the titanium backup pro. Its worth every penny plus some! Install it before you root. I also installed dropbox for back up purposes as Titanium syncs with it. I also installed busybox as titanium recommends it. Follow the instructions at the begining of this thread just using this root. It has helped me alot. Im kind of a newbie rooter.

Follow the basic instructions of rooting. Set your usb connect to charge only, turn on debugging mode.

Its been running fantastic for me!

OK, so I installed Titanium Backup and it said phone not rooted. It was my plan to backup the phone before I started to screw around with it. Did I dl the wrong version, or do I have to root the phone before I can back it up? Or was there a way to just continue? I stopped because I didn't want to take any chances. Thanks.

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
You have to be rooted first to run tibu. Go ahead and root, you can't screw anything up.

Tapatalked from my Bionic

SoCalFlasher

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
You have to be rooted first to run tibu. Go ahead and root, you can't screw anything up.

Tapatalked from my Bionic

Agreed, not sure the point of installing prior to rooting. There are other Apps in the Market that you can use to backup SMS messages if that's a concern.

But if done correctly, the root should not cause any data loss.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

mattmanne

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting ready to root my first phone, because I'd really like to get the newest version of swype.

The first instruction in this thread is 1. Download and install Motorola Drivers on your PC Download Here. But, when I do that, and go to run the file, I get the error "This installation package is not supported by this processor type. Contact your product vendor".

I'm fairly naive about this stuff, so could someone help me figure out what's going on?

Thanks

SoCalFlasher

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
The driver are meant for a 64bit machine. Do a Google search for Motorola drivers. Or simply plug your phone into you computer and see I'd the drivers might already be loaded.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

sardar615

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
No need to go thru all that yall. Copinli posted in another thread this link:

http://vulnfactory.org/public/motofail_windows.zip

This WILL root the .902 update even if you were not rooted before. It's quick & easy peasy!!!

Just have TB installed & ready then use this link to root .902!!!

And then you can freeze or get rid of all this new bloat they put in.

This took less than 5 minutes to install on my bionic. :D

Running .902 and this worked for me. Got SU App and ready to start freezing some bloatware in the morning....Thanks.

Reactions: annabee14

aviman123

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
This may have been answered but really dont feel like looking through this whole forum so sorry if it was said
1. If i freeze all the social stuff will that affect any of the apps i would use (messages Facebook app ect.)
2. if someone could either link or just type what the main like stock apps that just kill your battery i could care less if they took up the storage but i do care about battery so if anyone could just write the apps to freeze to save battery life.
Thanks