BB10 apps you miss having

• Thread starter Deleted member 2678566
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2678566

SlickTasks was the best 😟

I also loved the simplicity of just only buying music from BlackBerry AppWorld back in the day before 7Digital left the store. Google is constantly trying to throw in extra things in front of you.

Posted via the Android Central App

MPG Vancouver

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
Browsie Browser is about the only app I miss after a month on the Priv. Also miss the full blown BlackBerry 10 Hub, Peek, Flow. Still trying to swipe from the left or the bottom of the screen.

freedomx20a

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
Well I missed the file manager badly but found solid explorer which I found better. You remember when you picked a file in bb10 file manager you couldn't scroll you had to exit and enter a new pic.

And the stock photo,video,music apps

Took me a bit to find mint ones since the stock ones are too much Google! Too much!
For pics
Quick pic giving away 1000gb of cloud space when u recommend to a friend and they dl. I got mine

Blackplayer for music

Mx player for videos

posted via the lovely innovative Priv by BlackBerry - Powered by Android

shabbs

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, the core File Manager, Pictures and Video apps on BB10 were aweome, deeply integrated and just worked. Solid Explorer is very good. I purchased the full version as it's on sale. Quite happy with it. VLC for Android is my video player and I also like Blackplayer for music. Google Music is not bad, but I agree, too much Google. Heh heh.

Also... I REALLY miss Bedside mode. Swipe down from the top and done. Swipe up to exit the mode. So easy. BlackBerry needs to roll out something like that for the PRIV. BlackBerry Clock? Dare to dream...

freedomx20a

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, the core File Manager, Pictures and Video apps on BB10 were aweome, deeply integrated and just worked. Solid Explorer is very good. I purchased the full version as it's on sale. Quite happy with it. VLC for Android is my video player and I also like Blackplayer for music. Google Music is not bad, but I agree, too much Google. Heh heh.

Also... I REALLY miss Bedside mode. Swipe down from the top and done. Swipe up to exit the mode. So easy. BlackBerry needs to roll out something like that for the PRIV. BlackBerry Clock? Dare to dream...

Blackberry thankfully gave us the poor man's bed Side mode.

Push volume up key and hold and push priority. Go into settings and turn off everything. Boom bedside mode is back!

And I bought Solid as well! Moving files is ezzz and it has dark or black themes hahahahah. Very bb10 ish

freedomx20a

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
I have vlc too as I'm all vlc on desktops but it's a bit laggy and not ready for prime time yet.

shabbs

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Blackberry thankfully gave us the poor man's bed Side mode.

Push volume up key and hold and push priority. Go into settings and turn off everything. Boom bedside mode is back!
Yeah, I'm using the Priority Mode for now but miss the glowing clock, easy alarm set and single swipe to activate/deactivate the mode. With Priority Mode you have to remember to reset it back to Normal. The Daydream function is interesting but does not meet my needs. We'll see what Marshmallow brings.

Wonder if I could create an IFTTT "Do" button for that... hmmmm...

freedomx20a

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, I'm using the Priority Mode for now but miss the glowing clock, easy alarm set and single swipe to activate/deactivate the mode. With Priority Mode you have to remember to reset it back to Normal. The Daydream function is interesting but does not meet my needs. We'll see what Marshmallow brings.

Wonder if I could create an IFTTT "Do" button for that... hmmmm...

I would love to see it return and bet Blackberry is working on it.

I'm excited tho for android auto! I hate my cars navigation system it's basically useless and the lease is up soon. Most new cars are coming with it and can't wait to try it

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I miss Blaq (Blaq | Welcome back). All the Android Twitter apps suck azz. Bah.

I know it might not compare to what you're used to, but have you tried Fenix yet?

Also, Bedside mode...man, nostalgia. Miss that from my Bold 9000. If BB implemented that on the Priv...mmm.
Marshmallow brings much better Priority/Alarms/Profile management. It's like what we have with lollipop right now, but, you know, makes more sense.

shabbs

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
I know it might not compare to what you're used to, but have you tried Fenix yet?

Also, Bedside mode...man, nostalgia. Miss that from my Bold 9000. If BB implemented that on the Priv...mmm.
Marshmallow brings much better Priority/Alarms/Profile management. It's like what we have with lollipop right now, but, you know, makes more sense.
Will give Fenix a try. Have not tried that one yet. Thanks.

The Marshmallow implementation of Daydream seems to change a lot between builds based on the feedback I've seen from those that have upgraded already. We'll see what it brings. Hopefully there's something there.

EDIT: Fenix does not have a free trial to evaluate - you have to buy it right off the bat? Am I missing something?

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ils?id=it.mvilla.android.fenix&token=KJGwC7qq

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Will give Fenix a try. Have not tried that one yet. Thanks.

The Marshmallow implementation of Daydream seems to change a lot between builds based on the feedback I've seen from those that have upgraded already. We'll see what it brings. Hopefully there's something there.

EDIT: Fenix does not have a free trial to evaluate - you have to buy it right off the bat? Am I missing something?

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ils?id=it.mvilla.android.fenix&token=y6TMPirP

Eek. Really? I didn't remember that.
I can't see the price, either, because it tells me "Installed" and if uninstalled it says "Purchased". I figured it had a free version somewhere though. Sorry about that.

Google's refund policy of 15 mins is a bit small for an app like this, so the developer of Fenix will probably offer a much longer testing period for refunds if you're interested. I went ahead and e-mailed the dev just out of curiosity and I'll let you know here, too.

And, for anyone that's interested, if you want free money (for use in the Play Store) in exchange for answering surveys that vary in length from 1 question (usually 10 cents or so) up to 8 questions (sometimes a dollar or more), install "Google Opinion Rewards".

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

Forgot to respond to this part. To be honest, I don't use Daydream. It is weird and wonky; feels more like a fun/cool gimmick to play with and then forget about, at least that's how it's been in my experience. It's like a screensaver for your phone while charging or while docked. Wasn't for me, unless they improve it in some way.

However, the notifications/profiles issue changed a lot starting in Lollipop 5.0 (which, arguably, was a disaster). "Silent" was removed in favor of an over-complicated mess. Forums lit up, op-eds were written every week, it was bad. Marshmallow 6.0 has, at least on my Nexus 5, fixed a lot of what was broken in Lollipop.

shabbs

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
So... the Box app on Android does not have auto upload capability, like it did on BB10. Bah. That's pretty lame.

There's an "Autosync Box Cloud Storage" app that achieves this: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...details?id=com.ttxapps.boxsync&token=i_OQEaaB

Currently giving it a spin. Of course... the free version has limits, but you can pay for the PRO version to get full features with multiple folders, no ads etc...

Sigh...

GeneralHerzog

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
BLEND
BRIDGE

I used Blend daily. I miss it dearly.
I also used Bridge and my PB daily. I still use my PB just without mouse control from my phone.

I also enjoyed the non droid version of the CB app.

And lastly....

BBRY Browser. Having the addy bar at the bottom makes soooooooo much more sense with a phone as big as the Priv. (And no, I don't want a droid version......I want the real mccoy!!

Posted via Priv
STV100-3 on Rogers

shabbs

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Something I like about Keep is how it's accessible from any of my devices anywhere. Phone, tablet, and any web browser at keep.google.com.

D

Deleted member 2678566

BLEND
BRIDGE

I used Blend daily. I miss it dearly.
I also used Bridge and my PB daily. I still use my PB just without mouse control from my phone.

I also enjoyed the non droid version of the CB app.

And lastly....

BBRY Browser. Having the addy bar at the bottom makes soooooooo much more sense with a phone as big as the Priv. (And no, I don't want a droid version......I want the real mccoy!!

Posted via Priv
STV100-3 on Rogers

I'm now using Firefox again.

I haven't completely stopped Chrome but Firefox looks after you like the BlackBerry Browser.

D

Deleted member 2678566

Something I like about Keep is how it's accessible from any of my devices anywhere. Phone, tablet, and any web browser at keep.google.com.

Funny enough I am loving BlackBerry notes and tasks more than I did on BlackBerry 10.