Which would you pick?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Since the DTEK50 is an Alcatel Idol 4, is there a reason you would pick one over the other?

We can assume that Blackberry will support the device, but this can be an incorrect assumption too.

auditman

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Blackberry added its on security chipsets, secure boot and blackberry apps. They might same phone physically but thats were it ends.

Posted via the Android Central App

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
Blackberry actually updates security patches at least, so to me, that is a good enough edge since I do care about that kind of thing. It isn't the end of a phone for me if it doesn't update at all but it's an additional plus.

pgg101

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Since the DTEK50 is an Alcatel Idol 4, is there a reason you would pick one over the other?

We can assume that Blackberry will support the device, but this can be an incorrect assumption too.

DTEK50 just for the monthly updates.

Posted via the Android Central App on my BlackBerry Passport

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't mind trying the DTEK50. Anything BlackBerry-related, I am down for. :)

Posted via the Android Central App

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site

The reason anyone buys a BlackBerry, for the keyboard or security. The mystery third option is their OS but it's Android now so that doesn't count.

A droid a day keeps the Apple away