DTEK60 Sync with Outlook - software

C_McD

Nov 11, 2016
Visit site
OK, I'm starting to investigate going Android and prefer the DTEK60 since I'm used to BB 10 Hub et al.

I have two main issues to deal with (other than learning Android & losing Remember/Evernote account.)

1. Looking for the best sync software that allows my Outlook (local/desktop not Outlook.com and NO interest in going through Google) to sync one way to the Device?

2. I'm with VZW and while I'd like to stay with them, I am willing to switch to AT&T since the phone is GSM... unless there's a way to stay with VZW with BYOD.

Currently using BB Z30. I have zero interest in iPhone.

chris1h

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
I used to do this on my BB10 device, but synced my desktop outlook account with outlook.com Nd it works perfectly, contacts, calender, emails etc, though I set phone NOT to delete mail on server as I manage my mails on my desktop, phone is more for access when away from office

jasonandrews25788

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
1. You can use Akruto to sync Outlook with your DTEK60 (actually it provides two-way syncing but you can switch to one-way if you want). The software works via Wi-Fi or over the Internet (without cloud).
2. I guess, there’s actually a way for you to stay with Verizon since they have BYOD. See this link.

C_McD

Nov 11, 2016
Visit site
I did Chat with VZW and they said it has to be CDMA to be compatible with their network, which is what I suspected.

GSM will not work on Their network.

Of course, when you're out of the country their phones must work on GSM since the rest of world and many in US are GSM - just not the other way around.

Guess I'll head over to AT&T

C_McD

Nov 11, 2016
Visit site
I used to do this on my BB10 device, but synced my desktop outlook account with outlook.com Nd it works perfectly, contacts, calender, emails etc, though I set phone NOT to delete mail on server as I manage my mails on my desktop, phone is more for access when away from office

Not interested in Outlook.com, but thanks.

BB-JAM215

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
Not interested in Outlook.com, but thanks.

I'm sync'ing my DTEK50 with Outlook 2016 on Windows 10 through Outlook.com. Once you get it setup, you can forget about Outlook.com. It works far better than manual updates with Link every did. Everything updates automatically both ways within seconds.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87