fix Verizon priv running slow!

Matthew Stegman

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
My Blackberry priv runs slow in everything I do between opening apps, making phone calls, taking pictures just everything is slow! I recently discovered that if you disable the the side tab where you swipe to get quick notifications, your phone will run 100 times faster. At least my phone did anyway! My priv no longer has any sort of lag! Give this a try and tell me what you think!

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
From the first day I got my Priv, the 'Productivity Tab' has always been disabled. Just seems weird to have it there. We already have the HUB & swipe down from the top to see notifications so it's basically a third way to see notifications.

if you want, you can also enable developer mode and change the animation speed from 1.0x to 0.5x. That makes a nice difference to speed. 😃

The tab shouldn't make the device any slower but at least you sorted out the problem! Also check to see how much RAM you are using. That can also contribute to slow speeds.

newcollector

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It is funny how individual devices respond to how they are set up. I have had the productivity tab active since day one on my device with no issues. The same for the hub. Others have complained that both caused issues for them. Ahh, the wonders of technology!

Net_Surfer

Apr 2, 2016
Visit site
What has made a huge difference is the new June update that is 127.5MB. After installing that the phone is what is used to be from the beginning. Also I was provided with a further tip and that is to clear the cache and hold down the power button for 32 seconds then let it go. The phone does a reboot that is equivalent to a battery pull and other issues were cleared. So since that update there has not been any app or BlackBerry Launcher that has stopped working!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo