Samsung Captivate Cases

hehmin

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
i bought a hard rubberized case on ebay

looks great, fit well, and it removes with minimal effort but not so much that the case would just pop off whenever. the two pieces fit more or less flush to each other so it doesn't catch on anything from my pocket, etc. i was a little worried that the microusb male would have issues with the case, but they did a good job trying to keep the slot in the case as flush to the phone as possible to not get in the way. i don't really have a need to remove my battery or sd card often so this works great. and if i do in the future and wear down the clips, for $8 i'll happily purchase another one.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Just got my body glove case and it feels like there isn't anything no the phone. But you guys are saying its really protective right?

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
is it just me or does the body glove case fit a bit odd at the bottom. i think its because the bottom of the phone is rounded but its like the corners sit too high and don't hug the phone as much as they should

kaljr82

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
unfortunately I am sending back the case I purchased from Samsung.
I didn;t notice the first couple of days, but on the left side of the phone the case would not stay snapped together. I called support and they said it is an issue they are having with the Captivate cases. They are re-working the cases to work better but in the mean time they offered a full refund. I hate to part with this case as it looked AWESOME and felt great, but in the end, without the case being secure, a dropped phone could still mean a broken phone.

Joeybear23

May 13, 2010
Visit site
i bought a hard rubberized case on ebay

looks great, fit well, and it removes with minimal effort but not so much that the case would just pop off whenever. the two pieces fit more or less flush to each other so it doesn't catch on anything from my pocket, etc. i was a little worried that the microusb male would have issues with the case, but they did a good job trying to keep the slot in the case as flush to the phone as possible to not get in the way. i don't really have a need to remove my battery or sd card often so this works great. and if i do in the future and wear down the clips, for $8 i'll happily purchase another one.

Yep, this is the case I have.
Looks nothing like the picture, but does exactly what I want: cover the phone.

kaljr82

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Has anybody tried this case from samsung Cases & Holsters - Cell Phones | SAMSUNG

Please read this thread.
I ordered and reviewed the case you linked. I got it, loved, but due to a manufacutring flaw, the case does not stay attached to the phone properly.
I called Samsung and they have had numerous reports of this. They said they are working to fix the problem, but in the meantime, gave me a full refund and paid for return shipping.
I would wait a while if you plan to get this.

objectuser

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
I just put on the BodyGuardz skin Saturday night and today I get an email from BestSkinsEver they now have a Captivate skin. I wish I had known ... I emailed them a couple of weeks ago and they said, "we'll make it when there's demand".

Their skin for the iPhone was the best I had used. The BodyGuardz seems okay, but I'm not sure how long it will last. By BSE skin lasted for well over a year. I much prefer skins to the big cases. The BodyGlove case was fine, but to me is too heavy and makes the phone too thick. I like how the phone feels with just the skin. I'd use it naked if it wasn't so slick.

cobra302

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
i just wanna know why seidio is making a vibrant case for tmo, but att gets nothing! they cant have sold more than the captivate!

lyciansarpedon

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Yep, this is the case I have.
Looks nothing like the picture, but does exactly what I want: cover the phone.

So if you ordered the same one as hehmin from eBay and it didn't look like the one in the pictures, what did it look like?

I ask because I am looking for something similar to what's in the picture (minimalist rubberized hard shell).

TheBronze

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I hate to say it, but the best phone case going right now is the bumper one from Apple for the iPhone. Lets see some really nice cases for the Samsung line, eh? That hard case is nice and thin, but all the buttons are now recessed. Seems like it'd be a pain to get at them with ease. Until we get a good one, I'm stuck with the zaggskin. Not bad, but I like the phone bare better. :)

Dorkfish92

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I ordered the Amzer case (Smoke Grey), should be here Tuesday. Won't have my phone until Saturday but I'll definitely give impressions.

Amazon.com: Amzer Luxe Argyle Skin Case for Samsung Captivate i897 - Smoke Grey: Cell Phones & Service

I have the Amzer case and it's pretty good. I also have a black snap-on hardcase with the rubber texture. I like the feel of the snap-on more, and like that you can directly press the volume and lock buttons, but I feel that the Amzer will be more helpful when I drop the phone since it's more rubbery/bouncy. The only complaint I have about the Amzer is that I don't really like the feel of the lock and volume buttons through the case, but it's no deal breaker. (oh, and the diamond pattern looks pretty good over the carbon fiber texture)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty