Why won't my car radio play my music?

A

AC Question

I recently bought a Sony CDX-G1150U FM/AM Compact Disc Player with USB, not realising the USB only supports Android devices. I synced my iPod music to my Samsung Galaxy S5 with an app called Synctunes, thinking that would work, I could listen to my music, but no! It only plays 4 songs that were previously dowloaded on my phone, and only those 4 songs. I had 424 songs synced from my iPod to my phone and none of them play! I am getting pretty frustrated with it, can someone please help???

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Check the manual for the stereo--does it say what kind of music formats it supports? Does it support AAC/M4A, which is iTunes? Also, where did the iTunes music go to? Make sure it's in the same directory as the other 4 songs that the stereo does seem to recognize.

I just checked the manual myself: http://download.sony-asia.com/consumer/IM/4542302511.pdf. It only mentions MP3/WMA files, so it may be that it's not compatible with AAC/M4A. If that's the format your iTunes music is in, try converting a couple of the tracks to MP3, and then see if the stereo recognizes it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa