Stock "class 2" microSD Card

dhp106

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I just checked and my Charge has a class 4 32gb card.
I just purchased a 32 gig class 10 from Frys for 80 bucks. Patriot brand. They had a PNY for 70 but sold out.

It took all of like two hours to copy 16 gigs of music. I felt that was definitely a speed increase. Over all it seems to load everything faster also. If it holds up ill keep it if not ill go back to my 4

arctic388

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
mine came with a class2 and my wife's dinc2 came with a 16gb class4 so of course i had to swap them. she will never know the difference. and my phone is noticeably faster now. it was so laggy with the class2. now i still notice some slowness but not near as bad as with the class2.

plong#AC

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
mine came with a class2 and my wife's dinc2 came with a 16gb class4 so of course i had to swap them. she will never know the difference. and my phone is noticeably faster now. it was so laggy with the class2. now i still notice some slowness but not near as bad as with the class2.

Classic. My wife got a Charge as well and I will do the same if she won the sd lottery and I didn't.

anon(392870)

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Class 2 is a little slow for a phone in my opinion. Not killer, but it'd be nice to have at least a 4. You'll probably mostly notice it when playing back recorded HD video. Anyone doing a decent amount of video would probably want to opt for a Calss 6 or higher.

Day-to-day Class 4 likely will suffice. I'm looking in to the Charge and would definitely get a Class 4 at minimum.

Tueyjr

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I sent Samsung an email earlier regarding this. I'll give them a chance to make it right or I'll return the phone. In my opinion, if its advertised as recording in HD, it should do so out of the box. I'm not brand loyal and I have 60 days left to return to costco. I really like this phone, but I refuse to pay as much as I did and not have full phone capabilities.

Maybe in the next 60 days that mythical rainbow riding unicorn Bionic will be out...

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

drd48

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I sent Samsung an email earlier regarding this. I'll give them a chance to make it right or I'll return the phone. In my opinion, if its advertised as recording in HD, it should do so out of the box. I'm not brand loyal and I have 60 days left to return to costco. I really like this phone, but I refuse to pay as much as I did and not have full phone capabilities.

Maybe in the next 60 days that mythical rainbow riding unicorn Bionic will be out...

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Did you have any luck with this? I discovered mine is a class 2 and won't record HD videos. I'm not pleased at all. Should Samsung or Verizon be contacted regarding this? Do you think they'll replace it with at least a class 4? This just isn't right.

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
My stock SD card benchmarked 8MBps write and 20MBps read.

This is almost class 10 performance. Really happy with the speed.