Ravpower 26800 mAh Power Bank Review

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
65-02000-069-1.jpg

I received the Ravpower 26800 power bank in exchange for an unbiased review. Ravpower is the maker of wired and portable chargers, cables, batteries, file storage and other products.

We’ve all been there; you’re out and about with your smartphone, tablet, music player, laptop or other device. Suddenly you notice it’s dead or getting low power warnings and nowhere to plug in. That’s when it’s great to carry a portable battery pack. But you might ask why does anyone need a power bank the size of the Ravpower Ace Series 26800 mAh power bank when we all know there are much smaller options? As an example, I’ve been using portable chargers for quite a few years now and I started with the square lipstick type that could charge a phone once which was usually adequate for my needs. That was until my family discovered I had one. Easy fix, I bought them their own which was great but they would leave them behind or forget to charge them I was right back where I started and loaning them mine. My next solution was to get a 10,000 mah pack which could charge all of our devices but at times my wife and daughter would need it at the same time. The Ace 26800 power bank can solve many of these issues because it can charge up to 3 devices at the same time.

65-02000-069-4.jpg 65-02000-069-3.jpg

Now we all know that a power bank this large would normally take a very long time to charge, probably in excess of 15 hours. Well not so with the Ravpower Ace 26800 because it has dual inputs to recharge it much faster than other single units. You simply recharge it using the micro USB and Type-C ports at the same time reaching a maximum input of 4.5A. It takes approximately 7-8 hours to get it to fully charge.

rav.png

The large 26,800 mAH capacity means that I can charge my iPad Air or PIxelbook a couple of times or run them right off the pack. I can probably charge my Pixel phone around 7 times. I wont tell my daughter I can charge her Macbook with this thing or I’ll never get it back.

It has two USB ports and one Type-C port, all three ports for output have the “iSmart” technology, which detects the maximum charging speed your device support for faster charging without damaging your device.

For input, it has a microUSB port and as mentioned before, you can also use the Type-C port as an input for re-charge, either both at the same time or just using one single port.
61bWjUn+wxL._SL1000_.jpg

In the box:

• RAVPower 26800mAh Portable Charger
  • 2 USB to Micro USB Cables (one large one small)
  • one micro USB to Type-C adapter
  • Travel Pouch with external pocket to hold cables or your phone during charging

Feature Overview from the Ravpower Site

• Future-Proofed Iconic: Future-proof Type-C input and output newly added to the time-tested power bank
  • Double-Quick Recharge: Slash recharging time down to only 7 or 8 hours with dual input ports and a max input of 4.5A
  • MacBook Compatibility: Top up 3 devices concurrently at fastest speed possible including a 2015 MacBook via the USB-C port
  • Whopping 26800mAh Pack: Bring your iPhone 8 back to life 8.6 times, iPhone 8 Plus 5.8 times, and iPad Air 2.1 times
  • What You Get: 1 x RAVPower 26800mAh Portable Charger, 2 x Micro USB Charging Cables, 1 x USB Type-C Adapter, 1 x Carry Pouch, 1 x User Guide, and Free 18-Month Warranty

• A Future-Proofed Iconic: Future-proof Type-C input and output newly added to the time-tested power bank
  • Double-Quick Recharge: Slash recharging time down to only 7 or 8 hours with dual input ports and a max input of 4.5A
  • MacBook Compatibility: Top up 3 devices concurrently at fastest speed possible including a 2015 MacBook via the USB-C port
  • Whopping 26800mAh Pack: Bring your iPhone 8 back to life 8.6 times, iPhone 8 Plus 5.8 times, and iPad Air 2.1 times
  • What You Get: 1 x RAVPower 26800mAh Portable Charger, 2 x Micro USB Charging Cables, 1 x USB Type-C Adapter, 1 x Carry Pouch, 1 x User Guide, and Free 18-Month Warranty

Final Thoughts:

This unit is fairly compact and measure 6.77 x 0.87 x 3.19 inches. To get a visual it’s about the same width as most of today’s larger smartphones, about 1 inch taller and approximately as thick as three smartphones stacked together. It also meets TSA requirements in case you are wondering.

Not everyone needs a 26800 mAH power bank 24/7. I use it when I know I will most likely be in a situation where plugging in is not that accessible. Why do I like Ravpower? I also have a smaller Ravpower 20,100 mAH which I previously purchased based on recommendations from my fellow Android Central Volunteer Team Members. After using it I became sold on product based on build quality, features and product support.

For my money, Ravpower makes some of the best power banks and other portable chargers. I plan on bringing both my Ravpower power banks to my family trip to Disney World at the end of June and give these things a workout. I should be good with one pack per day, but carrying two should not be an issue.

This charger is currently availble on Amazon for 57.99 with free 1 day shipping and I strongly recommend it. Should you decide to buy one or another Ravpower product, you won’t regret it.

Mike Dee

Last edited: