Bluetooth accessories?

Side_7

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Anyone using bluetooth mouse or trackpad with their Chromebooks?

Thinking about trying the logitech trackpad t650 with my Toshiba Chromebook 2.

Bluetooth is bluetooth yes? But could there be driver issues?

Thanks!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I've used a Bluetooth mouse before, and found that it's harder to move the cursor in small fine increments that it is with a standard wireless mouse on a PC. I noticed that as well when using the Bluetooth mouse on an Android device. Not sure if it's an issue with the Chrome OS driver, or with the mouse itself (it's the Motorola Bluetooth Mouse).

Side_7

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Thanks! :)

Picked up the T650 and turns out it isn't bluetooth. Lol It uses Logitechs "unify" tech, which seems silly to me but oh well. Logitech offers a unify chrome app so I installed that but no joy.

Googled a bit and ended up getting it to work by using my desktop (win7). Plugged in unify receiver (usb plug) and installed unify software. Paired the trackpad to the receiver in windows and verified it was there. Then transferred the receiver to my Chromebook and good to go. :)

Trackpad works and all the gesture controls seem to still work fine too. Liking the trackpad, and it seems to be pretty precise so far. I'll live with it a bit and see.

Hopefully leaving this info here will help others in the future. :)

Cheers!