Issues with Bluetooth on Pixel Fold

phirephoto

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Basically: Bluetooth is messed up. Issue: I can't connect to most Bluetooth Devices. And sometimes the phone shows "No Nearby Bluetooth Devices Found" which is not the case. A reboot will bring it back to showing devices - for some random period of time.
Typically what happens is when I try to connect to a device, it will 'pair', but then when I go to connect, it won't connect.
Sometimes it will 'try' to connect and sit for a minute, but sometimes when I hit the paired device to connect to, it just does nothing.
Any suggestions on what this could be? Generally doesn't happen for a few weeks, , so it's not like I can reset the phone, slowly add a few apps and it appears. I've reset the Bluetooth / Network settings on the phone, that doesn't seem to do anything.
Any ideas? Could it maybe be an app I'm installing? Can't figure out any app that would cause it...
Latest Android O/S updates installed.
Currently: Wear OS watch connects. Cannot connect to bluetooth razor, bluetooth toothbrush, or 2 OBD2 adapters.

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Basically: Bluetooth is messed up. Issue: I can't connect to most Bluetooth Devices. And sometimes the phone shows "No Nearby Bluetooth Devices Found" which is not the case. A reboot will bring it back to showing devices - for some random period of time.
Typically what happens is when I try to connect to a device, it will 'pair', but then when I go to connect, it won't connect.
Sometimes it will 'try' to connect and sit for a minute, but sometimes when I hit the paired device to connect to, it just does nothing.
Any suggestions on what this could be? Generally doesn't happen for a few weeks, , so it's not like I can reset the phone, slowly add a few apps and it appears. I've reset the Bluetooth / Network settings on the phone, that doesn't seem to do anything.
Any ideas? Could it maybe be an app I'm installing? Can't figure out any app that would cause it...
Latest Android O/S updates installed.
Currently: Wear OS watch connects. Cannot connect to bluetooth razor, bluetooth toothbrush, or 2 OBD2 adapters.
I'm not sure that I have any helpful info. My Fold appears to connect and remain paired with Connected Devices. Some are not used often but still show up and work/connect the next time I try. I guess I did not know there were Bluetooth (blueteeth? (g)) razors and toothbrushes.

Good luck. Unfortunately, the Pixel Fold forum is pretty forlorn.

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
I would try safe mode and see if still the same results ..and also maybe the watch is causing issues ..so see if you can disconnect shut off watch and observe how it behaves

Last edited:
Reactions: FF22

phirephoto

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I would try safe mode and see if still the same results ..and also maybe the watch is causing issues ..so see if you can disconnect shut off watch and observe how it behaves
Same issue in safe mode. And in a parking lot well away from any other bluetooth devices, including the watch. (Just me and the phone and the OBD2 adapter in a huge empty parking lot).

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I have an issue with my wife's hearing aid but that's about it. It seems to be an issue with more than 2 devices being connected. (I blame it on the hearing aid app)

I am sure you have tried a reboot prior to connection...and you have not maxed out devices (7) ?

The things that always work are Pixel watch , Garmin S42 Golf watch and the BT in my Sante Fe. These never have an issue...

Reactions: FF22

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana