Could someone suggest a good Chromebook at Best Buy for a 16 year old girl?

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I have a hard time keeping track of which Chromebooks are good. If were going to buy one at Best Buy for a teenager, whose determined to get it today, which one would you recommend? It would just be used for homework mostly -- google docs and such. Thanks.

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I guess she is going to make up her own mind and decided it doesn't have to be today after all. I suggested the following.

Toshiba 13.3 Chromebook 2
Acer 13.3 Tegra K1
Samsung 11.6 Chromebook 2
Lenovo 2 in 1 11.6 Touch-screen

If any of those are misses kindly let me know.

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I have the Acer c720. I like it a lot.

From an AOSP M8

Thanks @Golf. Actually that was the first one I recommended but the c720 is not at Best Buy. For some reason she's determined to get it at a Chromebook at Best Buy. I think her friend got one there or something like that.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The Toshiba Chromebook 2 is widely regarded as one of the best--it's one of the faster ones, and has one of the best screens. I would also recommend the HP 14--I have the previous version with the Haswell processor, and it's excellent.

If she wants a smaller (and cheaper) one, go for the Acer CB3. It's the successor to the C720, and from what I could tell when checking it out in Best Buy, they improved the screen, the keyboard, and the speakers. Processor should be the same, if not better, in performance. It's a great deal at $199, sometimes even less when on sale.

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
The Toshiba Chromebook 2 is widely regarded as one of the best--it's one of the faster ones, and has one of the best screens. I would also recommend the HP 14--I have the previous version with the Haswell processor, and it's excellent.

If she wants a smaller (and cheaper) one, go for the Acer CB3. It's the successor to the C720, and from what I could tell when checking it out in Best Buy, they improved the screen, the keyboard, and the speakers. Processor should be the same, if not better, in performance. It's a great deal at $199, sometimes even less when on sale.

Is the Acer CB3 at Best Buy? I can't really tell which model that is.

CHIP72

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
In all seriousness, any chromebook will work for a 16 year old girl. I would assume cost is a big factor, and if that is the case the 11.6" Acer models mentioned above would work well.

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
She went with the Acer. Thanks for the help. It's very nice to be a part of this community and reach out and get input like this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non