Stopped at Best Buy...Got A Pen

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Stopped in at Best Buy to look at the s22 Ultra, walked out with a Samsung Ink Pen. :D

They had the Burgundy on Display. The color was pretty much the same as the latest pictures you see online, although, it changes in the lighting. I was unable to get shots of the back of the phone unfortunately.

The camera lenses really looked nice. A very crisp, clean look in my opinion & they didn't protrude as far as I expected. I would think most cases would offer enough protection.

The screen was gorgeous, Samsung puts out amazing displays. This one really jumped out at me.

The s22 Ultra felt comfortable in my small hands but then I'm already used to the square corners. My husband was happy to see it wasn't as big as he imagined. He's coming from a s10+.

New Samsungs always look so beautiful on display. We walked out of the store satisfied that we had pre-ordered our s22 Ultras from Samsung.com yesterday. I was having second thoughts.

Geez, I rotated the pictures & they still came out wrong... except for the pen.:p

Attachments

• 20220210_153257.jpg
    20220210_153257.jpg
    541.1 KB · Views: 56
  • 20220210_153313.jpg
    20220210_153313.jpg
    531.9 KB · Views: 57
  • 20220210_164714.jpg
    20220210_164714.jpg
    238.1 KB · Views: 54

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Stopped in at Best Buy to look at the s22 Ultra, walked out with a Samsung Ink Pen. :D

They had the Burgundy on Display. The color was pretty much the same as the latest pictures you see online, although, it changes in the lighting. I was unable to get shots of the back of the phone unfortunately.

The camera lenses really looked nice. A very crisp, clean look in my opinion & they didn't protrude as far as I expected. I would think most cases would offer enough protection.

The screen was gorgeous, Samsung puts out amazing displays. This one really jumped out at me.

The s22 Ultra felt comfortable in my small hands but then I'm already used to the square corners. My husband was happy to see it wasn't as big as he imagined. He's coming from a s10+.

New Samsungs always look so beautiful on display. We walked out of the store satisfied that we had pre-ordered our s22 Ultras from Samsung.com yesterday. I was having second thoughts.

Geez, I rotated the pictures & they still came out wrong... except for the pen.:p
Thanks for posting, do you use Forum pp or website ? Forum app no issues with posting pictures in correct way

KingSlayerNYC

Feb 10, 2022
Visit site

Hey

Was the burgundy a dark shade or more of a light pink shade?

I ordered Burgundy hoping it's darker and more like the N20 shade than a pink shade.

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm going to swing by a Best Buy today to see the S22 plus in person. I ordered the green. I doubt that they have the Tab S8 there. Although it's probably very similar to the S7, which I've held before.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
Sadly my local Samsung Experience Store closed recently as this is my usual go to place to handle the phone's.

My next isn't local enough.

I however feel being a regular usual Note owner that I know what I'm getting aesthetically, however I'm grateful for the picture's being uploaded by you guys. Thank you.

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Hey

Was the burgundy a dark shade or more of a light pink shade?

I ordered Burgundy hoping it's darker and more like the N20 shade than a pink shade.

When I first picked it up, it appeared to be between medium to light burgundy. But when I placed it on the counter face down under the bright lights it took on a bit of a rose shade. I have the 'bronze' Note 20U & it's definitely darker & more burgundy than that. Personally, I would never consider this shade on the s22 a pink or rose gold.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
When I first picked it up, it appeared to be between medium to light burgundy. But when I placed it on the counter face down under the bright lights it took on a bit of a rose shade. I have the 'bronze' Note 20U & it's definitely darker & more burgundy than that. Personally, I would never consider this shade on the s22 a pink or rose gold.
I'd call it pink only because I don't have the full color pallette jargon on the tip of my tongue. It wouldn't be meant in a disparaging way.

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I'd call it pink only because I don't have the full color pallette jargon on the tip of my tongue. It wouldn't be meant in a disparaging way.

I think shades of colors are rather subjective. Who knows the differences individuals can see with their eyes & how they are interpreted!
:)

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I also stopped by my local Best Buy ... Didn't have too much time to play with the S22 Ultra but did play with it a bit. My first reaction - it was lighter than I was expecting. The S Pen wasn't in it, but I'm sure that would add more weight. Felt lighter in hand than my Pixel 6 Pro ... Which is odd because the S22U is slightly heavier - maybe it's a weight distribution thing??

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
I also stopped by my local Best Buy ... Didn't have too much time to play with the S22 Ultra but did play with it a bit. My first reaction - it was lighter than I was expecting. The S Pen wasn't in it, but I'm sure that would add more weight. Felt lighter in hand than my Pixel 6 Pro ... Which is odd because the S22U is slightly heavier - maybe it's a weight distribution thing??
I did check online yesterday so it's close

https://www.phonearena.com/phones/s...o,Samsung-Galaxy-S22-Ultra/phones/11733,11761

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, very, very close in size and weight... I'm excited to get the S22U in my hands without the security garb on it. It really felt very light to me but that could be because I was working and dealing with my work issued iPhone 8+ in an OtterBox Defender for a good part of the day ... that thing's a mini tank LoL

My visit with it was breif and left me wanting more so this next week or so is gonna be loooooooooong

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
Yeah, very, very close in size and weight... I'm excited to get the S22U in my hands without the security garb on it. It really felt very light to me but that could be because I was working and dealing with my work issued iPhone 8+ in an OtterBox Defender for a good part of the day ... that thing's a mini tank LoL

My visit with it was breif and left me wanting more so this next week or so is gonna be loooooooooong
I passed by BB and definitely felt lighter in hand even with it's security attachment...
cbd96c768a1648ba44686543f414c826.jpg
bb04b2fcb62c4f0d3ea2eb45685fe443.jpg

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Had a chance to stop by BB too and see the S22U for myself and compare it to my N20U. Nice. A little thicker. A little heavier. But Feels pretty much looks and feels the same in hand. I like the burgundy and the look and texture of the back glass. Forgot it was glass and looks and feels more like a metallic back than glass??

Here are a couple of pics with my N20U to get a side by side look…

Attachments

• 6B1739E9-CBB9-43D1-8A9A-D1F79ED20B00.jpg
    6B1739E9-CBB9-43D1-8A9A-D1F79ED20B00.jpg
    369.9 KB · Views: 35
  • 8E30BE66-1F3E-49F8-A634-91FDF647BADC.jpeg
    8E30BE66-1F3E-49F8-A634-91FDF647BADC.jpeg
    152.2 KB · Views: 34

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Stopped in at best buy over the weekend.ooked at the ultra and loved it. Ended up pre-ordering and got the free memory upgrade plus a 200 gift card to best buy. Ended up getting an open boxed galaxy watch 4 for $200. Can wait for my phone to come in

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe