Review Powered USB C to HDMI adapter

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Hey folks,

I recently ordered a Powered USB C to HDMI cord to connect my LG V30 (and MacBook) to my 55 inch TV. You'll find it at Amazon, here. The cord is constructed of a strong braided material, and appears to be quite durable. The ends are gold plated which I believe helps with connectivity. The cord allows for connection from a USB C device to an HDMI port on your monitor or PC. What's really cool here is the device charges while outputting to the HDMI device!

So how does work? It's actually quite good. Picture is solid, looks HD to me, and of very high quality. Charging works well too. I was able to use the device with my MacBook AND with my LG V30. They don't mention my V30 as a compatible device, BUT it is. I'm really impressed with the cord's ability to charge while connected. You DO need to have a powered USB port on your TV OR use an outlet with your own power brick.

I would definitely recommend this cord if you are looking for a quick and easy way to connect your USB C device to your HD TV or monitor!