My APK in many free APK-download site. What do I do?

A

AC Question

I released my app in 2 versions: one free with ads, and the other paid with no ads. Within hours, I saw the app in download sites like mobilism.org.in and apkpure.com.

While the free version is good to download in non-Google sites (I enjoy the added traction and the usage from unexpected territories), the premium app is a totally different thing.

Sites like pureapk.com seem to respect the terms of distribution and allow only the free version to download. But with the majority of the pirate sites, it is completely different - they publish my premium app and prevent me from generating the revenue needed to continue developing the app.

An additional question, is whether some of these sites are not re-wrapping my app with some added malware. If this is the case, I obviously do not want to be implicated in spreading viruses...

I am currently re-visiting my whole business model and trying to figure out how to turn this around into something positive. It is evident that the free APK sites are a very effective distribution channel that I have no control over. Do you have any idea?