Forget the BIONIC say hello Dinara!

irl Panda

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
To me, it just makes sense that the Bionic will be out on the 4th or even the 11th. If this thing launched September 1st while the SGSII launches in August, RIP Bionic...

huskerkate

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm tired of watching all the best equipment go elsewhere so instead of the constant complaining I've been doing it's getting to the point I need to just sthu or do something :)

CK, i think Christmas '12 is going to be a very sad time for you - when you finally part with your OG and get a new phone... :D

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
This was just emailed to me from 1 of my Sources at Verizon when I asked about the GS2 and its release on Verizon This was his Response:

Function is a shareholder name much like Stealth was for charge. Processor will be Tegra 2 I imagine just like the GTab 10.1. People can stop hoping its an LTE phone because its going to be CDMA based. We are also getting a Samsung spider phone which does appear to have LTE connectivity. Also as a side note after September customers lose their New Every Two discount if they haven't yet used it.

Take it for what it is worth!!!

Asterdroid

Fanboi
May 10, 2011
Visit site
Ok so this may come off as me being a dick, but I honestly don't know the answer to this question.

Are you guys just mistyping "slider" or is this thing actually called the Samsung Spider?

tehsusenoh

May 26, 2011
teh.cx.cc
This was just emailed to me from 1 of my Sources at Verizon when I asked about the GS2 and its release on Verizon This was his Response:

Function is a shareholder name much like Stealth was for charge. Processor will be Tegra 2 I imagine just like the GTab 10.1. People can stop hoping its an LTE phone because its going to be CDMA based. We are also getting a Samsung spider phone which does appear to have LTE connectivity. Also as a side note after September customers lose their New Every Two discount if they haven't yet used it.

Take it for what it is worth!!!

Tegra 2? No LTE?

9JvmW.png

SnydersWeb

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
If that's true then it just shows once again Verizon crippling something that could have been great.

I wouldn't say this is VZW's fault at all.

A lot of this could be a combination of things:
  • VZW Wants a nice, sexy Galaxy II phone out sooner before later
  • Samsung doesn't yet have/perfected the LTE Galaxy II
  • Samsung has the LTE Galaxy II but is in the process of shopping it to the highest bidding carrier for an exclusive deal.

VZW benefits from having stuff on their LTE network. It's fast, it makes them look good, it's the way they are going. All their plans if you look over them in their entirety are geared towards moving people to it.

VZW's style is more about putting unremovable up-your-arseware on their phones. This is a practice I really and truly wish they'd stop. If I want an app, I'll buy the darn thing.. if not, I want it gone.

Asterdroid

Fanboi
May 10, 2011
Visit site
Mark my words. We'll see 2 versions of this phone. First the Function (or Fascinate 2 or whatever) then late this year, early next year, the Function 4G LTE

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non