Different screen than we think?

D1andOnlyOmen

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm not really sure if this is just me, or the angles of the pics, or maybe a combination of both.....but when I look at these two pics of the Bionic, the way the light is reflecting off of the corners on the lower left of both of these shots (and yes, the one is in landscape I realize), but it almost makes it look like the screen has slight curvature to it, similar to what a rumored HTC (I believe) phone with a supposed 720p resolution. Is anyone esle seeing this, or is it just me? Or just the lighting and I'm way off??

If the screen was flat like most screen have been up to now, the lighting would reflect like that, would it?

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Re: Different screen than we think?!?

Really hard to tell. Although it wouldn't surprise me if there was a slight bevel or lip on the outer edges such that the screen doesn't touch and possibly get damaged if the phone is laid down, screen-side down.

Pratt4321

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

I would have to agree, i think it is just a bevel on the digitizer, something like the beveled plastic on the old chocolates. I bet the screen is flat but they wanted to go for a more smooth and clean look with the rounded edges

On a side note, that landscape picture makes this phone look super fat :/ it looks kinda like a brick. I hope that is just due to poor camera angle

Last edited:

trailblazen

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site

I sat here and focused on it and you do see that faint line of a bevel/lip in the unused black part of the screen.

clearrants

May 23, 2011
Visit site

I think it's just beveled glass similar to the Photon's screen?

From engadget because it was the last photon review I read:

For example, the sheet of Gorilla glass that protects the 4.3-inch capacitive touchscreen sports a beveled edge and a two-tone coating...

motorolaphoton4greview03-1313404334.jpg

anon(392870)

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site

On a side note, that landscape picture makes this phone look super fat :/ it looks kinda like a brick. I hope that is just due to poor camera angle

I think that's the lighting. There's a shadow on the bottom (landscape) of the phone which makes it appear to look thicker than it is.

Reactions: Pratt4321

Noble.Four

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Bionic4GTest-600x450.jpg

On my DX the Speed Test App is full screen... Why isnt it Full Screen on this here Bionic?

Because the Bionic has a higher resolution than the DX. The app is optimized for WVGA resolution. Same thing happened when I had my EVO 3D. As for the look of the screen, it doesn't look like Pentile. Possible good news...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Reactions: jroc

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site
In the landscape shot the glass looks curved but it looks like the glass goes completely up to the top - covering the word Motorola, and it looks like there is a cut out for the speaker. Maybe I am just not seeing it correctly.

Jasper

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
it looks like the glass goes completely up to the top - covering the word Motorola, and it looks like there is a cut out for the speaker. Maybe I am just not seeing it correctly.
You are seeing it correct, but that is how all the phones are. Even my OG Droid is like that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38