Speculation on the Aug. 26 Bionic launch.

ChevyNovaLN

Jul 24, 2011
www.ChevyNovaLN.com
Does anyone know how pre orders work with upgrades and grandfathering in unlimited data? Will they screw me into tiered data if I pre order online?

Upgrading your phone is just that, upgrading your phone. Unless you sign a 'new contract', your old contract is still in effect. You're just extending your old contract which has unlimited data. They dont get to change the verbiage in a contract when renewing, they can only change the EULA which does not supercede your contract.

sfay93

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I guess am not the most in to all the release dates guy, so I wouldn't completely know. It does sound like a bad idea for the planning of those folks that need to save money to buy their next phone or that they are ready for an upgrade soon. Heck, i guess it isn't like a movie release or anything, have fun VZW.

I think they've had enough time to save for this phone unless 7 months wasn't enough. :)

Soapinmouth

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
why do so many people here get it online, wouldn't you get it sooner going to the store and picking it up day 1?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Jasper

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
why do so many people here get it online, wouldn't you get it sooner going to the store and picking it up day 1?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Because preorders are typically a week before you can buy it in stores. So the people who preorder are the first to get the phone.

mripirate

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
why is it that droid bionic is still not advertised on motorola.com or verizonwireless.com?? possibly 3 weeks from release and it is not even on 2 websites that you think it would be on.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I think the Aug 26th is probable, all the information matches up at this point that we have. (or well, rumors we have) I'm still betting on a Sept 8th release, but I won't be complaining if we see it out or pre-orders up next week. Amazon does pre-orders right? I thought I saw them doing it for the Thunderbolt.

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I think the Aug 26th is probable, all the information matches up at this point that we have. (or well, rumors we have) I'm still betting on a Sept 8th release, but I won't be complaining if we see it out or pre-orders up next week. Amazon does pre-orders right? I thought I saw them doing it for the Thunderbolt.
Killer, what about that new photo of Verizon screen showing the MAP Price at $299 and date of 9/8? I am hoping for 8/26, but it's looking more and more like 9/1 will be the earliest we can order this phone.

anon(387460)

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I also think Verizon would want the pre-orders exclusive to them on the first dual core 4g LTE phone. So I'd probably keep a close eye on their site before you jump ship for Amazon. Though I do enjoy them better.

Also, I feel the same way... August 19th... Phone to release in a week or two.. and neither site has anything? I'm trying to read their minds. Are they just gonna try to surprise us for making us wait so long? Or would they like to make some build up before launch to increase initial sales? What the heck is going on over there.

Either way, it seems we have the full facts from leaks that appear beyond the shadow of a doubt legitimate and it's only a matter of time.

Cannot wait :D

matthew2109

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone think that a possible Tuesday, September 6th release is out of the question? I know it goes against the whole Thursday releases but would Verizon do that? Its after Labor Day so just maybe perhaps?

ChevyNovaLN

Jul 24, 2011
www.ChevyNovaLN.com
Which text message was that?

I should've been more specific. There were certain 'areas/cities' that got text messages stating that the first 100 people to show up at a specific VZW Corporate store would have a chance to win a Droid Charge. different messages per city, but in Omaha it was very specific that it was a Charge.

EDIT: this was due to LTE being turned on in the area on the 18th. Hence the big deal in those select cities.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Killer, what about that new photo of Verizon screen showing the MAP Price at $299 and date of 9/8? I am hoping for 8/26, but it's looking more and more like 9/1 will be the earliest we can order this phone.

I posted that before I noticed the MAP price and date. Still, maybe we'll at least see the announcement by or on the 26th. That's our missing link.