My Bionic

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Looks good bworley! How cool to have bionic vids in the masses. I notice a small delay when hitting the app tray icon? Is that usual, or just occasional? It is only a second, but hey, this is the Bionic! Thanks man.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Lol I should've complained! Damn me for not complaining XD. Whatever, just tell us how you like it, I'm very interested to see how awesome this thing is, I can't wait for next thursday.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Weird. Android market app is the old one. Not the cool one on D3.

You can update it right lol? It might just be a skin on top that they took out?

No noticeable lag to me. That video was from a Droid 3. Phone is awesome. I will get into detail in about 2 hours.

Do me a favor...load up a CRAPLOAD of widgets on the homescreen and load a ton of apps, see if it lags.

Reactions: Johnly

Nebfire

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm still really interested in going with the Bionic, but I'm still concerned about the pentile screen. How's it look? What is your opinion?

bworley50

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm still really interested in going with the Bionic, but I'm still concerned about the pentile screen. How's it look? What is your opinion?

Go check out a Droid 3. It is like that but way better. My Droid 3 had a bluish tint to it. This does not. It is definately pentile. It's not like the Charge or an Iphone. It is different(pentile), but I assure you it is crystal clear and perfect. People who hate pentile screens will still have something to complain about. I don't care eithwr way as long as it looks good. It does. Could it be better, yes. It doesn't really add or take away anything from the phone. Phone is much lighter and thinner than expected. Quality Moto feel.

Reactions: saltysteve

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Go check out a Droid 3. It is like that but way better. My Droid 3 had a bluish tint to it. This does not. It is definately pentile. It's not like the Charge or an Iphone. It is different(pentile), but I assure you it is crystal clear and perfect. People who hate pentile screens will still have something to complain about. I don't care eithwr way as long as it looks good. It does. Could it be better, yes. It doesn't really add or take away anything from the phone. Phone is much lighter and thinner than expected. Quality Moto feel.

That's how I felt when looking at the Pentile displays on the X2 and D3. They seemed very clear and very usable, I'm not looking for some super amazing colors on my display, I want a good looking display that won't suck power and looks good outside.
And I've been hearing it's much thinner and lighter than the people were expecting. What were you expecting lol? And Motorola's products always are durable and feel like they have some quality to the actual device.

Nebfire

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site

Excellent news. Thanks

bworley50

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Ask specific questions for me to answer. Will post more video later. Not video of me playing with my phone, but video of something useful you might like to see.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Ask specific questions for me to answer. Will post more video later. Not video of me playing with my phone, but video of something useful you might like to see.

I wouldn't mind you playing with the phone lol. Do you have 4G in your area? I never get tired of seeing the speedtest app :p. Maybe download a good CPU/GPU intensive game and see how that works? Or better yet, see if an N64 emulator will run on it well. I'd like to see that, I think it would probably be perfectly playable on a phone as beastly as this (and apparently it runs well on the D3)

bworley50

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't mind you playing with the phone lol. Do you have 4G in your area? I never get tired of seeing the speedtest app :p. Maybe download a good CPU/GPU intensive game and see how that works? Or better yet, see if an N64 emulator will run on it well. I'd like to see that, I think it would probably be perfectly playable on a phone as beastly as this (and apparently it runs well on the D3)
Have N64 on Xoom. I won't put it on this. I do have 4g and running. Will do a speed test later. I live in between Baton Rouge, LA and New Orleans, LA. Closer to BR. Both cities have 4g. N.O. has expanded, B.R. does not. I live closer to B.R. So 4g works where I am, but I wouldn't expect to see 4g at its ultimate speed from my location.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699