So after reading the thread re the stolen Bionic, I decided to add a pattern lock to mine (I had been meaning to do it anyway). But it doesn't seem to work. I went into settings, location and security and set it up in there.

But when I lock the phone and unlock it, I still get the standard lock screen (sample attached) - not the pattern lock.

Thoughts?
    09-29-2011 03:54 PM
    bump - my Bionic rebooted on its own earlier, and now it sometimes displays the pattern lock, and sometimes goes right into my home screen. Grrrrr....
    09-29-2011 09:11 PM
    There is a timing setup for pattern lock. Your phone only provides the touchscreen lock screen if within a certain time period. After that the pattern lock will engage. This prevents you from constantly having to re-enter your pattern if you are actively using your phone.

Go to Location & Security Settings -> Security Lock Timer to adjust to your preferences.
    LDubs likes this.
    09-29-2011 09:20 PM
    ok cool, thanks, that makes sense now...
    09-29-2011 09:27 PM
    It should have the standard lock screen appear first, then, once you swipe to open it, the pattern lock appears. However, the pattern lock won't appear if you lock/unlock within the time period you specify for auto lock. Hope this helps.
    10-10-2011 12:32 PM
    I had set a password on my phone...
    But when i locked..... And during unlock it not working the setup password... On deviy.
    08-27-2016 12:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD