Looped Phone & Dead Battery...Now What!?

titot4u

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
OK...Severe problem. My phone is looped on the "M" logo and battery is completely dead and battery wont charge because it seems like the logo is draining the battery since the screen will not shut off. Is there anyway to fully charge the battery so I can perform the "One Click " method to I can reprogram my phone?

rduckwor

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Have you pulled the battery out to try to break the cycle. I ask, because a dead battery is not truly dead. All retain some level of charge and that maybe be screwing with your loop issue.

Good Luck,

RMD

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I would try pulling the battery out, letting the phone sit for a couple minutes then plug the phone in without the battery to power it on.

titot4u

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I've tried everything from pulling the battery and setting the phone to recovery for a couple of hours and the battery will not charge. I am assuming that the phone is governing the battery charge with the firmware and it will not charge. This really sucks, now how will I charge the battery to be able to program the phone?

titot4u

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Yes..I was rooted and I was loading a Ninja theme from th3oryrom and phone froze on "M" logo. If I could only get the battery to charge, then I can load stock firmware and start from scratch, but seems impossible at the moment.

916ninja

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Yes..I was rooted and I was loading a Ninja theme from th3oryrom and phone froze on "M" logo. If I could only get the battery to charge, then I can load stock firmware and start from scratch, but seems impossible at the moment.

You can go buy a spare battery. Also the spare battery charger is a life saver.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Ugh I remember when that happened to me when I was using my old Samsung Fascinate. Basically its stuck in a boot loop because something in the theme did not flash properly. Only way that I was able to fix mine was to re-flash using ODIN which unfortunately since the bootloader is locked is not possible on this device. Not sure but If you can try and load directly into CWM recovery and reflash but otherwise the only option that I can think of is you might need to go to Verizon and get a replacement, unless someone knows another way to fix but it sounds like you might be bricked.

916ninja

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Ugh I remember when that happened to me when I was using my old Samsung Fascinate. Basically its stuck in a boot loop because something in the theme did not flash properly. Only way that I was able to fix mine was to re-flash using ODIN which unfortunately since the bootloader is locked is not possible on this device. Not sure but If you can try and load directly into CWM recovery and reflash but otherwise the only option that I can think of is you might need to go to Verizon and get a replacement, unless someone knows another way to fix but it sounds like you might be bricked.

No need to return it. Especially in the state it's in. Get a spare battery and you can unbrick. I have already done this once myself. You can also go to team black hats website and buy a custom cable to charge your phone in that state. You run the risk of being charged retail if you take it back. If you need help after you find a way to charge up the battery then let me or someone in the root rom theme section direct you to the right place.

My recommendation is to buy the spare battery charger and a spare battery. Beats the possibility of vzw charging you more.

titot4u

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
No need to return it. Especially in the state it's in. Get a spare battery and you can unbrick. I have already done this once myself. You can also go to team black hats website and buy a custom cable to charge your phone in that state. You run the risk of being charged retail if you take it back. If you need help after you find a way to charge up the battery then let me or someone in the root rom theme section direct you to the right place.

My recommendation is to buy the spare battery charger and a spare battery. Beats the possibility of vzw charging you more.

I purchased the spare battery with dedicated charger ($40 later) at Verizon and I now have programming capability. Now the problem I am having is that I can't get it unbricked. Using Vista OS and loaded the latest drivers. I tried "RSD Lite" and "One Click" method and no luck. When I try One Click, it immediately gives me a flash error message and when I try RSD Lite, I tries flashing like 1/15, 2/15 etc....then it fails. Several attempts has gotten me past 14/15 but then it fails again. Can you help me fix this please?

titot4u

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
OK...problem solved. I tried a better PC and recovery worked beautiful and phone is back to normal. The facts are that using an updated machine with an updated OS with powerful processors definitely make a difference.

Thanks to all that responded to this thread.

titot4u

916ninja

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry I didn't get to you sooner. Today was pretty busy unfortunately, but I am glad you got it back up and running.

Now that you have experienced your first recovery, hopefully you won't run into the same problem again. And if you do, you will be able to get yourself back up and running again. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87