Button lighting

sbudaj

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
My button lights keep go going on and off. Can't really figure out any reason or pattern as to why.

Anyone else having this? Why Is it happening?

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I assume that it's this: the phone has an ambient light sensor and turns the softkey backlight on when the detected lumens fall below a certain level, and on when they reach a certain level. If they are flopping on and off, you are probably in a place where the level is close to that threshold.

Reactions: Simonbarsinistr

GBH2

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I do find this very annoying. Mostly I hate it because I am coming from an OG Droid for ~2 years and the capacitive buttons were in a different order that I was used to. I still don't have them to the point where they are second nature and the damn lights are always turning off and I can't see them .

It is certainly not a big deal but it just ... very annoying.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I do find this very annoying. Mostly I hate it because I am coming from an OG Droid for ~2 years and the capacitive buttons were in a different order that I was used to. I still don't have them to the point where they are second nature and the damn lights are always turning off and I can't see them .

What happens if you put a finger over the light sensor (which is just to the right of the speaker at the top of the phone)? Does that make the lights turn on?

That's at least a workaround. I know that the CyanogenMod ROMs that I used on my old phone allowed you to alter the threshold point; it's too bad that you can't do it on the phone running stock, though of course, that's a geeky setting to have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez