Edge Lighting Not Working for Notifications

busterbrown73

Jan 30, 2024
Visit site
I've setup my new GS24U and turned on Edge Lighting. Notifications are set to "brief", Edge lighting style is is set to Fireworks with advanced options set to medium for transparency, wide for width, and long for duration. I have also set AOD "when to show" to always on. The phone still doesn't show any edge lighting for email notifications, text messages, and other app notifications I set to on for the lockscreen. Not sure if there is another setting I missing. Anyone have suggestions?

In addition, I made sure I have power saving off.

uvarules

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, didn't remember this. Set it up and works fine on my S24U. Wish I had a solution for you, I didn't do anything special other than do what you did..

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Try setting your AOD for "when to show" to "For new notifications" and see if that helps. That's the way I do it and it works as expected.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I've setup my new GS24U and turned on Edge Lighting. Notifications are set to "brief", Edge lighting style is is set to Fireworks with advanced options set to medium for transparency, wide for width, and long for duration. I have also set AOD "when to show" to always on. The phone still doesn't show any edge lighting for email notifications, text messages, and other app notifications I set to on for the lockscreen. Not sure if there is another setting I missing. Anyone have suggestions?

In addition, I made sure I have power saving off.
Do you have all apps notifications on?
I circled it in my screenshot
0e058953fac480875a433dfd252b6aca.jpg

Reactions: Laura Knotek

busterbrown73

Jan 30, 2024
Visit site
Do you have all apps notifications on?
I circled it in my screenshot
0e058953fac480875a433dfd252b6aca.jpg
Yes. All apps to "show as brief" was active since I began this mission to activate edge lighting. I've now started the process of doing a global reset and reinstall of this phone. I haven't installed any additional apps except for updating the factory installed apps. Still not getting edge lighting to show up when I send test emails to my gmail account. Are there certain parameters that must exist in order for a new lock screen notification to activate edge lighting? I do know that when I turn on screen and camera flash for new notifications, both of those work.

This is extremely frustrating as I've put in hours upon hours trying to troubleshoot the issue.

Last edited:

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
OK, obviously you have notifications turned on for the apps because the flashing works for you. READ CAREFULLY and MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS THE SAME!

So here is how I have mine set up:
Settings > Notifications > App Notifications (choose the ones you want) > go back then "Lock screen notifications" select "Show content" (should mirror choices in previous screen) bottom of this same page TAP "Notifications to show" select "Alert and silent notifications" go back then "Notification pop-up style > select brief > Apps to show as brief = All apps and select "Show even while screen is off" then go back one page > "Advanced settings" "Show notification icons" = All notifications > "Floating notifications = OFF everything else on this page is OFF except the very bottom setting "Manage notification categories for each app = ON
Back out of "Notifications" and go to "Lock screen and AOD > Always On Display = on - then tap right on the words themselves and "When to show" = For new notifications

This is exactly how mine is setup and the edge light shows with the brief notification while the screen is ON and OFF.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana