Lapdock

sbudaj

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Anyone see the article on Android Police that the lapdock 100 is being sold by AT&T for $50?

Says it is for the Atrix, but isn't this the same one for the Bionic?

twodawgs78

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
It can be used with the Bionic after some minor modifications that I read about in another forum. I'll see if I can find the link when I get home.

SirGeorgeKillian

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
The docks are slightly different. The USB and HDMI connectors are rotated 180 degrees. When the Atrix came out it was rumored that the docks used magnets to let the phone know the difference between dock types. That is not true, the circuit in the dock does. I was able to modify my Atrix car dock to work with my bionic, it took the drimil to make it happen, and the plugs had to be rotated. The distance from the bottom of the phone to the 2 ports is the same, but the Bionic is taller. Also the space between the USB and HDMI is the same. Hope that info helps.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk

wseyller

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered one. I figured $50 is worth it to take a shot at this. I am an engineer and have lots of resources available to me. If I find a practical method of modification I will post back with my findings. I am sure now that a possible $50 option is available to us bionic users many others will try this as well.

wseyller

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
There are a few ways cosmetically to make it work. The connectors are backwards it seems so you have to take it apart so you can get the connectors able to plug in to the bionic. getting it to look pretty is just a plus. There are some limitations to what can be done depending on what resources you have available.

Basically it works once you can get the USB and hdmi connectors into your phone.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
There are a few ways cosmetically to make it work. The connectors are backwards it seems so you have to take it apart so you can get the connectors able to plug in to the bionic. getting it to look pretty is just a plus. There are some limitations to what can be done depending on what resources you have available.

Basically it works once you can get the USB and hdmi connectors into your phone.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Yeah this actually doesn't sound that hard, it all works through magnets and mainly plugging in the holes on the phone to the correct ports on the lapdock. I'm sure it wouldn't be that hard to just take it apart and spin the dock, and hook up all the wires to the correct places :p

gbb0131

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
This isn't the Lapdock 100.. it's the original lapdock that was made for the Atrix & Bionic.

Anyone see the article on Android Police that the lapdock 100 is being sold by AT&T for $50?

Says it is for the Atrix, but isn't this the same one for the Bionic?

Stelv

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Yes the Lapdock 100 works with my Bionic and my Girls Razr. It cost me $200 at Verizon. That Atrix one only works with Atrix, although I did see a modified one on ebay.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LordNikonX