AT&T ATRIX lapdock firesale $50

fatpomp

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
My order got mysteriously canceled today. I was one of the many who got in on the $50 fire sale. Apparently they over sold this item and they are now out of stock. The real question is did any of the people that happened to order after me who paid $99 and up, if any of those orders got canceled. I even called and tried to have them change my order to a refurb. They said if your order is cancelled no matter the reason you have to place a new order. The refurb is $75 dollars. Even though its still a decent price, I don't want to order it out of principle. Is there no honor in companies anymore? No "We'll make it right!" mentality? Sorry for the rant, but I was excited to hack away on my new toy. Wait... Perhaps I will move forward with that purchase of the refurb. Is there a way to hack it to leach the data plan and use the Firefox browser on the phones 4G without purchasing the tethering plan?

What phone do you have? If you have a bionic you don't need a tethering plan to use it.

Edit: Just got an email from at&t saying my order was canceled. I ended up ordering a refurbished one from all4cellular for $65 shipped.
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Last edited:

wseyller

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Well it seems At&t did not hold up their end of the donkey. I ordered the lapdock at the $50 deal hours before they raised the price on their website. This was Monday last week. I have called them couple times trying to get the status of the delayed shipment. Well I just now received an email saying they canceled the shipment and the item was not available anymore. Really??? Sounds like to me a tactic to get out of selling it for the reduced price agreed on between parties.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Typical AT&T shenanigans. What I dont get is, they have $39 billion to spend. Selling the lapdock at a loss to ANYONE that jumped on the deal at $50 is not going to break their bank.

I shot an email to my account rep to see if their consumer side would match it for business.. Nope. completely denied. They will _not_ offer this deal to corporate customers.. you know, the ones paying their bills.

My company alone gives AT&T about a half million a MONTH yet I was told NO to the $50 lapdock..

towens777

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I never post....but I want to flip the BIG BIRD to AT&T for cancelling an order which was made...likely within an hour or two of the sale initiating. I have to wonder if ANYONE actually got the lapdock at this price, online. @##%@#$% YOU AT&T!

wseyller

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I never post....but I want to flip the BIG BIRD to AT&T for cancelling an order which was made...likely within an hour or two of the sale initiating. I have to wonder if ANYONE actually got the lapdock at this price, online. @##%@#$% YOU AT&T!

I never heard of anyone yet get the $50 deal to actually ship. The same day I ordered it 12/5, the price was raised a few hours later. They seem to claim that they oversold the item and they were not going to be made anymore. Couple days ago I noticed they have refurbed ones for $75. How much do you wanna bet they are not refurbs but new. They just call them refurbs so that they can get away with the cancellation of the $50 orders. It would make sense.

I went ahead and ordered the $75 refurb. It is currently in shipment.

brhad56

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I ordered mine on 12/4 and the status is still listed as "processing". I have been contacting a CSR every week to try to get some information out of them and they always tell me that they're waiting on a new shipment and I will get an email when it ships. One agent told me it would be 2 weeks out (that would place "due date" at 12/30". I got the feeling he pulled that time-frame out of a hat. I have some hope left that they'll ship one eventually, but I have 0% confidence it will be before Christmas. At this point, a cancellation notice wouldn't surprise me either.

Has anyone else had more luck in obtaining information?

wseyller

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I ordered mine on 12/4 and the status is still listed as "processing". I have been contacting a CSR every week to try to get some information out of them and they always tell me that they're waiting on a new shipment and I will get an email when it ships. One agent told me it would be 2 weeks out (that would place "due date" at 12/30". I got the feeling he pulled that time-frame out of a hat. I have some hope left that they'll ship one eventually, but I have 0% confidence it will be before Christmas. At this point, a cancellation notice wouldn't surprise me either.

Has anyone else had more luck in obtaining information?

I went through the same thing. Customer service didn't really have a clue. They told me two weeks is the worst case. They told me they get shipments on Fridays and told me to call back then. But in the end they will cancel your order.

I did however order the refurb they had for $75. I ordered on 12/15. I received a tracking number. Below is the lastest update to my shipment 12/21. I hoped I would have gotten it by now. I haven't seen any update since it left Fort Worth. Destination is western North Carolina.

Expected Delivery Date: December 17, 2011
Class: Priority Mail?
Service(s): Delivery Confirmation™

Your item departed our FORT WORTH, TX 76161 sort facility on December 16, 2011.

Detailed Results:

Depart USPS Sort Facility, December 16, 2011, FORT WORTH, TX 76161
Electronic Shipping Info Received, December 16, 2011
Processed through USPS Sort Facility, December 15, 2011, 9:45 pm, FORT WORTH, TX 76161
Acceptance, December 15, 2011, 4:28 pm, FORT WORTH, TX 76161

brhad56

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
The Dec 30th guestimate by CSR didn't hold true. Info I have gathered seems to indicate ATT is giving preference to ATT subscribers (which I am one). Some folks got thiers in timely manner and then there was a large batch of cancellations done around December 14. Some folks opted then to get refurbs instead. Others like me who chose to wait are still wondering if the dang ole things will ever ship. Seems to me if ATT didn't intend on filling the orders they would have cancelled by now. I just don't understand why nobody seems to have an ETA on this mysterious shipment.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JT1981