icecream sandwich

bigcatman

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Probably not. Motorola will give some outlandish reason as to why it wouldn't. RAZR/MAXX/D4 users are probably going to be waiting a while for theirs. Your ICS update will come around when it's time for you to upgrade to a Jelly Bean device :p

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Motorola and Verizon have both announced plans to update the DROID Bionic to ICS.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
If they go back on their word, I'd be upset. As long as it's in their current plans, I'm okay waiting. As a product manager (software) I understand allocating resources, shifting priorities, and deadlines.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
If they go back on their word, I'd be upset. As long as it's in their current plans, I'm okay waiting. As a product manager (software) I understand allocating resources, shifting priorities, and deadlines.

That's why we don't have it yet, they're more worried about their Razr and Droid 4 users. But we'll get it "soon." How soon? No idea. But they should be getting closer, especially since a small group of developers have had it running in a mostly finished fashion for months now.

Joeyg720

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
That's why we don't have it yet, they're more worried about their Razr and Droid 4 users. But we'll get it "soon." How soon? No idea. But they should be getting closer, especially since a small group of developers have had it running in a mostly finished fashion for months now.

well put

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Hopefully its soon.

I like how people don't really say which features of ICS they really want when they complain about the wait for ICS. They seem to just want ICS for the sake of having ICS.

Personally, I want the new Roboto font, the ability to take a screenshot on the device, and Webtop 3.0 (using ICS tablet mode vs. old Webtop, as seen on DROID RAZR ICS leaks).

3rdpig

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
When I bought my Bionic a month ago I fully expected to use it a year with Gingerbread and then sell it for an ICS device. Yes, ICS because if history replays itself JB devices will consist of one Nexus that's buggy as hell. And while it's fun playing with a new OS, it sucks trying to do business with a device that you can't even trust to make voice phone calls without hanging up, going mute or rebooting. BTDT with a BB Storm.

So while an ICS update would be sweet, I'm just happy that my Bionic is fast and every bit as reliable at getting business done as my D2 was.

sorli

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
My big problem with Motorola and the Droid Bionic relates to inconsistencies with release builds and ICS hacks only having half of what's needed to work reliably. Thankfully I'm running the latest 4.0 build Spearmint Gummy on top of the leaked 5.9.904 that thankfully has improved 3g and 4g connectivity problems in previous builds. It's not perfect, but a huge improvement on previous builds. Sorli...

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo