SamuriHL House of Bionic FAQ (external link)

akorcovelos

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
ok, I flashed the right one then. How long does it take once the *daemon started successfully* command line comes up when rooting? I was supposed to keep going after flashing the file in recovery? The HoB thread says it should stay in AP Fastboot, but the script says to wait for the phone to fully reboot. Mine just stayed in AP so I started rooting while it was still in AP, is that right?

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Um, what? I really made this as simple as I possibly could. All you have to do is follow all the directions. :( Once RSD is finished flashing, the phone stays in AP Fastboot. At that point you're instructed to shut the phone off, hold volume up and down and press power, volume down to select recovery, volume up to select it, volume up and down when the android icon comes up, and then install the update from sdcard in recovery. Wipe the cache, reboot the phone, then when it's fully rebooted, optionally root if you so desire. So, I really don't know what exactly you're doing, but, it doesn't sound like the directions I give in the script.

akorcovelos

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I did everything you just listed in that order, only difference is when I select reboot phone, it hangs in AP Fastboot and doesn't reboot...
t ...

akorcovelos

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
ok, I have to wait a bit since my battery is about dead. So flash the update in recovery from the SD-ext (67232) and reboot? If that works can I use HoB to root?

akorcovelos

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
ok, got the 232 to flash successfully! Now I'm on ICS, but I still don't have root. I ran the root on HoB but I guess it didn't work...I attached a shot of the command window, see any problems?

HoB.PNG

Looks like it could't gain read/write access to some directories? Also, should I remove the existing SU I have installed?

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I have no idea what caused that issue. I would install SuperSU from the play store and then use it to remove all remnants of root and then try again.

akorcovelos

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
ok, I'm getting really glitchy behavior from this flash so I'm FXZing back to 905, then I'll unroot with SuperSU. I also remember I overclocked to 1.2 last year, but how do I clock back to 1.0 wothout root?

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
The FXZ will remove everything and set it back to stock. Root will be gone, any overclocking things you did will be gone, etc. It'll be a factory stock 905. If you're on 905, you don't even need to use the HoB to install 232. Just boot into recovery and install the update for 232.

akorcovelos

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
oh, well thats good. FXZing back to 905 now, then I'll try and get rid of all root remnants and try the update again. Thank you for all this help, I'd be lost without it!

akorcovelos

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
sigh....its all hosed up now. When it rebooted after the FXZ keep data its throwing tons of force close errors and nothing will load. I'm going to try and reboot again, but if its still hosed I assume I need to do a FXZ factory reset and lose all my data?

edit: reboot didn't work, immediately started getting force close errors...

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Wait you tried to FXZ while keeping data? Oh, yea, no. That's not gonna work. As you've noticed, your phone is completely unstable. You'll have to do a factory reset. No need to FXZ again. Just boot into recovery and do the factory reset there.

akorcovelos

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
ok, I did a system reset and it reset to ICS? Everything seems to be working, so not sure what happened there. It looks like root worked too, but for some reason TBPro doesn't show up in my app list after reinstalling from appworld, so I can't restore any backups. Also, are contact considered app data or system data?