Need help with flashing JB FXZ on Bionic

Dirtdawg57

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
So I tried to install JB from recovery and it said successful but then it was stuck in a bootloop at the droid eye. I cleaned the cache and some other things and it still didn't work. Then I made it worse by trying a second time to install JB from my SD card and it failed. Now I just get a black screen after the moto symbol. So I am trying to use RSD lite 6.1.4(Newest version?) and the JB FXZ from "http://sbf.droid-developers.org/cdma_targa/list.php" to flash it but it is failing and saying "Failed flashing process. 5/24 oem fb_mode_set -> Phone returned FAIL" Any ideas? Thanks!

Dirtdawg57

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Okay never mind! I found the answer! I have a bionic working flawlessly on JB now.. Other than losing root.. :-(. I found the answer on a RAZR forum but can't find it but here is the same answer from Xda. Droid bionic JB FXZ help! - xda-developers
1. open the file : cdma_targa_9.8.2O-72_VZW-22_cfc
2. remove the line : <step operation="oem" var="fb_mode_set" /> AND <step operation="oem" var="fb_mode_clear" />
3. Save
4. Try flash use RSD

I just opened the file in notepad, found those 2 files and erased them and then saved. After that RSD worked fine! Woot! I recommend this to anyone who is bricked and can't find a fix.

MikeSaya

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Okay never mind! I found the answer! I have a bionic working flawlessly on JB now.. Other than losing root.. :-(. I found the answer on a RAZR forum but can't find it but here is the same answer from Xda. Droid bionic JB FXZ help! - xda-developers
1. open the file : cdma_targa_9.8.2O-72_VZW-22_cfc
2. remove the line : <step operation="oem" var="fb_mode_set" /> AND <step operation="oem" var="fb_mode_clear" />
3. Save
4. Try flash use RSD

I just opened the file in notepad, found those 2 files and erased them and then saved. After that RSD worked fine! Woot! I recommend this to anyone who is bricked and can't find a fix.

Thanks for this info. I was searching for a answer on this, saw this, did what you said, and I'm in business.