Motorola releasing new Sprint phone; Moto Photon 4G

Cruiserdude

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
If it does get released first, I just may be done with Moto AND Verizon. How are they gonna make a copy of VZW's 3g DX2 but with Sprint's 4G? That's just not right.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Might be the Targa. Seeing that the Targa will not becoming the Bionic that leaves room for that hardware to go somewhere. Purely speculation but it stands to reason.

The chase begins :)

Sent from my Droid

Oxn

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Might be the Targa. Seeing that the Targa will not becoming the Bionic that leaves room for that hardware to go somewhere. Purely speculation but it stands to reason.

Sent from my Droid

Or it could be Etna, haha. See if tegra 2 doesnt play good with LTE, then itll play good with WiMax.

Sprint got good reception here in NYC. If its etna im jumping ship for sure.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Or it could be Etna, haha. See if tegra 2 doesnt play good with LTE, then itll play good with WiMax.

Sprint got good reception here in NYC. If its etna im jumping ship for sure.

Targa looks like a cousin to the X2 though. Etna has a whole other look. Then again they did spend a lot of time on the Etnas design to just toss it out the window. At this point your assessment is certainly logical but I'm leaning towards the Targa since it resembles the X2.

Sent from my Droid

Oxn

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Targa looks like a cousin to the X2 though. Etna has a whole other look. Then again they did spend a lot of time on the Etnas design to just toss it out the window. At this point your assessment is certainly logical but I'm leaning towards the Targa since it resembles the X2.

Sent from my Droid

both good guess. I assumed etna because of what i previously stated, and because they said its similiar to DX2. And in alot of ways etna is like DX2 in that they both use tegra 2, targa does not, or rumored to not.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
If it does get released first, I just may be done with Moto AND Verizon. How are they gonna make a copy of VZW's 3g DX2 but with Sprint's 4G? That's just not right.

Seriously? Do you know of the issues involved with the Bionic? For all we know this new phone has been in development for as long as the original Bionic. How is that 'not right'?

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

They can't the X series is under the Droid monikor. It's exclusive to VZW's

The MB855 will be an entirely different handset.

grn4frk

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Seriously? Do you know of the issues involved with the Bionic? For all we know this new phone has been in development for as long as the original Bionic. How is that 'not right'?

maybe he's referring to the first post, that states that it might be a rebranded X2 and that it would be 4g while Verizon is still miles behind? or maybe not..just speculating..

Oxn

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
They can't the X series is under the Droid monikor. It's exclusive to VZW's

The MB855 will be an entirely different handset.

But the Droid Pro is also a VZW thing, but they are porting over the EXACT same headset to Sprint, just under a different name. But nothing is changed except the antenna

Friend-O

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site

Sent from my Droid

New info revealed Targa is the Bionic so no idea what Photon will be.

Sent from my Droid

Dude....whaaaat? You just threw me for a loop. As far as I've known for quite a while now, wnrussell has always said that the Targa is the new Bionic. He has referred to it as such many times. You not getting enough sleep, buddy? ;)

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Dude....whaaaat? You just threw me for a loop. As far as I've known for quite a while now, wnrussell has always said that the Targa is the new Bionic. He has referred to it as such many times. You not getting enough sleep, buddy? ;)

There was some confusion a couple days back with that. I corrected my comment above. I'm going to assume that the early render of the Targa has changed a bit though.

Sent from my Droid

Friend-O

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
There was some confusion a couple days back with that. I corrected my comment above. I'm going to assume that the early render of the Targa has changed a bit though.

Sent from my Droid

Gotcha...I think I know what you're referring to. I was never confused though. :p

Oxn

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
June 9th looks to be the reveal of the photon

Sent from my Droid

source it up

edit: nvm i see it, i cannot WAITTT

How brave of them to do the conference during E3 week, and just 3 days after Apples confernce on June 6th

http://phandroid.com/2011/05/25/sprint-and-motorola-to-host-luncheon-press-event-june-9th/

The possiblity of moving to Sprint is kind of exciting to me.

Im also assuming the Sprint Xoom will be on hand.

Also i get the feeling that alot of companies are mad at VZW right now after they took in iPhone 4 and forgot everyone else. Hence why VZW lineup is starting to look terribad as opposed to all the nice stuff originally planned before VZW announced iphone for VZW

Last edited: