32gb Sd Card Wont Scan

akaroman

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
I bought it off amazon and the SD card isn't showing up anywhere on my phone. I tried my old phone and my mom's phone. Anyway to fix this?

Notrega

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I have a 32gb and part of it shows under mnt/sdcard and a major part of it shows under mnt/external1

Use a file manager and see if it shows there...

Sent from my XT907 Scorpion_Mini

petes99

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Having some really odd issues with a 32G here too... brand new card. Phone sees it at boot.. and was fine moving most camera items to the SD.. except for the videos. At the videos, it crapped out.. says it is "blank" and needs formatting.. but then it can't format the disk, or access it at all. Reboot, seems fine. Disk is fine on other devices. Gives me a very uneasy feeling about the device.

Oh, and while its working.. if I delete a pic from the gallery, it keeps a dead, empty thumbnail there until I leave the gallery. Never pulled that BS with internal storage.

Last edited:

THARD11

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Having problem too with smaller 8GB card. Worked fine the first day moved pics from old phone they showed up. Next day phone says SD card was removed unexpectedly but it was not and now card will not work in phone or PC.

mopman411

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I too am having a similar issue. Mine is a little different but I have reached out to Motorola for assistance.. plus I think its for the best that they are aware of issues being encountered. The body of my email is below:

I am having issues with my SD card. When I "connect as" mass storage and copy files it is successful in copying a small portion of files that I want to move, then the copy fails and the SD card reports back that it needs to be formatted for windows to read it. I then change the "connect as" to media device and the SD card shows mounts but reports back "blank SD card". The only resolution for this issue is to reboot the phone, I have tried removing the SD card and reinserting but this step only reports back blank SD card. I have encountered this issues using several different computers and repeated the test using an 8GB SD card from an old phone. I have attached screen shots from the phone.

Screen shot 01 shows the SD card as operational and being read correctly.
Screen shot 03 shows mounting the SD card as mass storage.
-Not captured in screen shots is opening the SD files and copying till error is encountered and copy fails, reporting back the card needs to be formatted-
Screen shot 04 shows mounting the card back to media device.
Screen shot 05 shows the result of mounting the SD card back to media device.
Screen shot 06 shows the card being unmounted, when selecting mount SD card the phone reports back the card is blank, when trying to format the format does not result in a usable SD card.
Resolution is to reboot the phone.

Attachments

• 01.png
    01.png
    71.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 03.png
    03.png
    75.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 04.png
    04.png
    75.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 05.png