Hi guys,

I was trying to add a smart action based on a location trigger and can't get it to work. I want wifi to turn on when I'm at home but for some reason my phone never recognizes that I'm at home based on location. I set the location manually by typing in my address but the smart action never activates because it doesn't see me in that location. Am I doing something wrong here? Thanks in advance for any help.
    12-10-2012 12:11 PM
    Is GPS enabled?

Also, I don't use a Smart Action for wifi at home. I just logged in and keep my wifi enabled. As soon as I get home, BAZINGA! the M is on my wifi. I haven't noticed any extra battery drain, from keeping wifi enabled. I also turned off the "notify me when wifi available". That got annoying. The Mini was notifying me when I was driving or walking and passing businesses with wifi.
    dki378 likes this.
    12-10-2012 05:30 PM
    It is enabled so I'm not sure why it's not working. I currently leave wifi on, like you, but it sounded like people saw gains from turning off wifi so I wanted to try it out for myself. I guess I'll keep at it. I never bothered to turn off the "notify me" option but now that you mention it, it is quite annoying so I'm going to do the same. Thanks!
    12-11-2012 02:45 PM
    I am trying to set up smart actions and every time I try to add a location the map comes up and it shows me where I am at on the same but it cannot find the address. It won't let me set it based on location or if I specify the address myself. The gps seems to work just fine because google maps is working well. I have all the location services on.

thanks for the help
    01-05-2013 11:42 AM
    So odd, my Smartactions works when I go home but I can't get it to work for the Work one. I even set it so it goes by the time of day, still not turning on. So frustrating, this was one of my favorite things about the phone.
    02-26-2013 07:54 AM