Smart Actions - Location Trigger

dki378

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

I was trying to add a smart action based on a location trigger and can't get it to work. I want wifi to turn on when I'm at home but for some reason my phone never recognizes that I'm at home based on location. I set the location manually by typing in my address but the smart action never activates because it doesn't see me in that location. Am I doing something wrong here? Thanks in advance for any help.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Is GPS enabled?

Also, I don't use a Smart Action for wifi at home. I just logged in and keep my wifi enabled. As soon as I get home, BAZINGA! the M is on my wifi. I haven't noticed any extra battery drain, from keeping wifi enabled. I also turned off the "notify me when wifi available". That got annoying. The Mini was notifying me when I was driving or walking and passing businesses with wifi.

Last edited:

dki378

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
It is enabled so I'm not sure why it's not working. I currently leave wifi on, like you, but it sounded like people saw gains from turning off wifi so I wanted to try it out for myself. I guess I'll keep at it. I never bothered to turn off the "notify me" option but now that you mention it, it is quite annoying so I'm going to do the same. Thanks!

mlink

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
I am trying to set up smart actions and every time I try to add a location the map comes up and it shows me where I am at on the same but it cannot find the address. It won't let me set it based on location or if I specify the address myself. The gps seems to work just fine because google maps is working well. I have all the location services on.

thanks for the help

Robin Elizabeth

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
So odd, my Smartactions works when I go home but I can't get it to work for the Work one. I even set it so it goes by the time of day, still not turning on. So frustrating, this was one of my favorite things about the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MansiDaware