Issues with Razr M

Rizz1-2

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I don't own the razr m but my cousin just got one. He is having some battery life issues and I was wondering what people here have done. Just idling his phone dropped 25 percent in 3 hours (I am assuming this isn't normal or good). He also had problems connecting to the internet originally (through 3g or 4g not sure which yet) but restarting the phone seemed to cure that. I guess what I am asking for is there any settings that he can play with to help this? Screen is already set to low brightness. I don't know about his sync schedule yet since i haven't played with it. Also, I read somewhere that Razr M comes set to global, is this true and should I set it to CDMA/LTE for him? If so, how? Sorry for all the questions. It is his first android device and I want him to love it. He just got the phone yesterday and he likes the feel and size of it. After 2 weeks of shopping I finally convinced him to get it cause people seem really happy with it. Especially for the price, I don't think it can be beat. Thanks for any help.

-Rizz

Pete7874

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Did he install any apps on it? It's possible one of the apps is stuck running in the background and draining battery/resources. If you go into settings, you should be able to see a breakdown of what apps/processes consumed the battery. 25% in just 3 hours of doing nothing is definitely too high. Also, turn off wi-fi, bluetooth, and GPS if you're not using them.

As for the global setting (Network Mode), there is no harm in keeping it in that setting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sirius_A