Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX HD available October 18th, $299.99 with 2-year commitment

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I would have to pay approximately $710 including tax to purchase this phone and drop the RAZR Maxx. I really want to but I'm beginning to think it wouldn't be worth the money.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Rizz1-2

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I would have to pay approximately $710 including tax to purchase this phone and drop the RAZR Maxx. I really want to but I'm beginning to think it wouldn't be worth the money.

I have 2 words to say to you.... come on..... come on....

AmousmosesMW

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
My question is.... when the HD and Maxx HD are launched next week, will the current Razr Maxx still be on display?

I am not a 'have to have the latest and greatest' (although, yes when it's time for a new phone, I usually try to get the best one out there based on my needs) - I just want a phone with excellent call quality and signal strength, good/great camera and excellent battery life! And since I don't know if my wallet can handle the $299 Maxx HD price (plus tax and the upgrade fee), I may just end up with the regular Razr Maxx or may have to go with the smaller battery on the Razr HD.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah go for it!

and So am I...

The only issue I have is a year from now a new device from Motorola will arrive with a huge leap from my RAZR. I'm talking more memory and such but that's not a guarantee. But welcome to the world of tech.

KBV1

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm from the UK, and I'm definitely picking one of these up when I come to the US in December. Of course I'll have to buy it out right. From the look of it, we wont be lucky enough to have this phone here. Bad thing is i have to wait 2 months to get it :(

ArtieTheOneManParty

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
... I just want a phone with excellent call quality and signal strength, good/great camera and excellent battery life! And since I don't know if my wallet can handle the $299 Maxx HD price (plus tax and the upgrade fee), I may just end up with the regular Razr Maxx or may have to go with the smaller battery on the Razr HD.

If you want 4G and Battery life, you need a MAXX.

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I have an upgrade available but would likely lose my Unlimited data by changing my device. Tempting but not enough to lose my data.

Message brought to you by the amazing Droid Razr Maxx

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I have an upgrade available but would likely lose my Unlimited data by changing my device. Tempting but not enough to lose my data.

Message brought to you by the amazing Droid Razr Maxx

That's why I said screw it and put $700 to the side. My only fear is that the HD Maxx will be 750 without a contract and that would make me say pass. I fear this because the RAZR M would probably have to go down in price so it isn't the same price as the HD right? I wish there were more specifics...

AmousmosesMW

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
If you want 4G and Battery life, you need a MAXX.
So then I guess my questions are....
- Besides the HD and screen size, what else would I be losing if financially I had to go with the MAXX?
- I thought I saw somewhere that the processors in the HD and HD MAXX were more efficient. So, if that is true, would the battery usage of the MAXX basically equate to the battery usage of the smaller battery HD?

Ohleo

May 23, 2010
Visit site
So then I guess my questions are....
- Besides the HD and screen size, what else would I be losing if financially I had to go with the MAXX?
- I thought I saw somewhere that the processors in the HD and HD MAXX were more efficient. So, if that is true, would the battery usage of the MAXX basically equate to the battery usage of the smaller battery HD?

I don't know what's different about the battery in this phone but I do know there is something different about it because it's supposed to manage battery life much better. Hence why the M has almost as good of life as the og Maxx. Give or take lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't know what's different about the battery in this phone but I do know there is something different about it because it's supposed to manage battery life much better. Hence why the M has almost as good of life as the og Maxx. Give or take lol

The Snapdragon processor is much more efficient thus improving battery life.

Ohleo

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Yeah my bad, I meant to say processor instead of battery lol

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
300$ with an upgrade that's an atrocious subsidized price for the same phone with a few minor upgrades, wth is Verizon thinking? Sorry but I'm used to paying 200$ to upgrade to new phones on sprint. If this price is normal on Verizon please enlighten me.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2