What are your first Jelly Bean impressions?

GilmourD

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
Second day in a row that Gmail stopped responding while looking at emails. This app also stopped responding. Want to go back to ICS
It might be prudent for you to do a factory reset. Sounds like you have something that's not playing nice and you need to clear it out.

UncleDude

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I rebooted a couple times after installing, including one with power + volume down.

Scrolling through the settings menu seems smoother than ICS, as does scrolling between screens, although swiping to the left to access the quick settings page feels as if it has a slight jerk to it.

I feel as if Chrome scrolls through pages a little smoother now although it could be my imagination.

Also in the category of "could be my imagination": I took a few pictures of a fairly dark room in the early morning, and I felt as if the camera was able to handle the darkness better than before. That could just be in my mind though.

The swipe-up-from-home to access Google Now is neat, although it seems redundant with the google bar that's built into the OS.

The voice questions seem to work fine - tried "where am I?" "what time is it?" and..."Where is FAO Schwartz?" and it worked well.

I haven't gotten any notifications to test the new notifications yet (except for app updates, which don't seem to do anything different unless I'm not doing it right).

The lock-screen clock is on the right side of the phone instead of the left, haha. And it shows the date and alarm there too, which I don't think it did before.

Only redundant if you are already on the homescreen. Allows quick access to Google Now if you are in an app.

t0ked

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Yup, hotspots now built into the Share Everything plans. I'm actually saving money now, so no complaints on my end. One of the reasons I was thinking of forgoing root (I succumbed... old habits die hard).

Megaroad

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Only redundant if you are already on the homescreen. Allows quick access to Google Now if you are in an app.

That is a good point, I didn't think of that. Okay, now we can feel special for having a phone with softkeys. :D

My other gripe is that JB didn't change the fact that swiping to the Blur quick settings is still a little jerky the first time you do it after waking the phone up.

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Can we get some screenshots of things that look differently like the lock screen, contacts, etc.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I would love to know the answer to this one too.

Two small issues I have on top of that. My Amazon Appstore stopped working. I even downloaded and installed again but when I try to run it I get kicked right out. I am hoping Amazon can fix something with an update if its them but I want to make sure I'm not the only one with this issue.

Another issue, when I use smart actions to put my car in vehicle mode there used to be a notification that vehicle mode was activated. This is not the notification that the smart action is on, it was a separate one for just vehicle mode. It was nice because if I had to exit that mode for any reason I could go back into it simply by selecting the notification. Now the notification doesn't appear in JB even thought it worked fine yesterday on ICS.

I am also experiencing both of these issues.

bottlerocket

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Something weird - my ringtone sounds different. I've used the Solarium ringtone since I had my Galaxy Nexus, and was happy to find it on this phone. But I just noticed after the JB update, it's different. Recognizable, but different. Not in a good way.

Helloneumann

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
One major thing I noticed that's great for me is now LTE is picked up inside my house. Before I could only get it outside. One happy camper now.

jigz23

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
After ota to JB, I still seem to have noticeable lag doing from screen to screen (don't even mention going to quick settings). Swiping through screens in the app menu does seem noticeably smoother tho, but the home page thing really is annoying. Maybe i'm just spoiled by seeing how smooth 4.2 is on my nexus 7, but looks like i'm just going to be using Nova for now or maybe will have to just root.

bottlerocket

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Were there any changes made to the camera software?

I took a few pictures and the HDR mode looks much more noisier indoors than before.

revtech

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Another issue, when I use smart actions to put my car in vehicle mode there used to be a notification that vehicle mode was activated.

That must be annoying to have to put your car in vehicle mode; but it must be really cool when its in airplane mode =)

Megaroad

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
It might be prudent for you to do a factory reset. Sounds like you have something that's not playing nice and you need to clear it out.

When you say factory reset, are you referring to the thing in Privacy settings that says "Factory data reset, removes all data" or is it something else?

anon(214110)

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I would love to know the answer to this one too.

Two small issues I have on top of that. My Amazon Appstore stopped working. I even downloaded and installed again but when I try to run it I get kicked right out. I am hoping Amazon can fix something with an update if its them but I want to make sure I'm not the only one with this issue.

Another issue, when I use smart actions to put my car in vehicle mode there used to be a notification that vehicle mode was activated. This is not the notification that the smart action is on, it was a separate one for just vehicle mode. It was nice because if I had to exit that mode for any reason I could go back into it simply by selecting the notification. Now the notification doesn't appear in JB even thought it worked fine yesterday on ICS.

I am also experiencing the Vehicle Mode issue. Making me crazy because to get back into Vehicle Mode after exiting is a pain. Even the widget doesn't do it ... it's a toggle widget

MrZack

Aug 26, 2012
Visit site
Something weird - my ringtone sounds different. I've used the Solarium ringtone since I had my Galaxy Nexus, and was happy to find it on this phone. But I just noticed after the JB update, it's different. Recognizable, but different. Not in a good way.

I noticed the same thing. None of the other tones seemed to change. Does anyone know a source to download the ICS Solarium?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch