Compatible Wired earbuds with microphone

jrm125

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
I've done tons of searching but can't get anything solid.

Anyone have suggestions for wired earbuds with a microphone that's compatible with the Droid RAZR MAXX HD?

I don't really care about controls, but it'd be nice if they're there.

Price range I'm aiming for is around $50 or less, but not crap.

Sethoth

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Monster Beats headphones work well. I know they're not $50 but you could probably pick some up on Craigslist or something.

Square85

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I know this is an older thread but I'm having a hard time finding headphones as well for this phone. I just ordered some HTC E190s off of Amazon for $7 with the hope it would work with the Maxx HD but I don't have functionality. I'm tired of fishing my hand into my pocket to adjust the volume while commuting.

The E190s were able to play/pause my music but were not able to control the volume. I then plugged them into my Nexus 7 and the controls didn't work at all. I then plugged the headphones into my wife's Nokia Lumia 822 and everything worked perfectly.

I was thinking of maybe trying some bluetooth headphones even though I prefer having wired headphones. I'm willing to spend some money if it means having good sound and working with my phone for full functionality; including volume. I did see the Klipsch headphones with the app but there was a disclaimer saying it may not work with Motorola Android phones.

My big thing is confirmed volume control with the Maxx HD.

Thanks for any input.

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried the Motorola SF200 wired earbuds? I have a pair of them but have not tried them on this device. but they are really nice and comfy as well.

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I saw them on amazon but saw they didn't have a volume control.

Posted via Android Central App

Just checked and the only thing that they do is mic and play/pause . Sorry haven't used them in a while.

Posted via Android Central App RAZR MAXX HD

Square85

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! I will look into the Zagg Headphones. I tried my friends LG Tone+ the other night and it sort of did the volume, it seemed to raise and lower the actual volume of the device and not the volume of the music. It also wouldn't play/pause the music in Pandora and Songza.