Anybody find a way........

rayzup478

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Anybody find a way......

to remove the verizon branding off of this phone? I've searched online and read about the so called "sugar" method and rubbing a penny over the logo but those wouldn't work with this phone. In reading some post in other forums, there's people out there that start asking why would you do that?, is it that much of an eye soar?, you think people who do this are dumb, etc. So please, if that is your comment, no need to address that here. This is just my personal preference and something I would like to do, nothing more, nothing less. If it can't be done, so be it.....I can live with the logo on there. The logo on the back seems like there may be a way to remove it without damaging the kevlar finish however, the front one seems to be underneath the glass so I don't believe that can be removed. But if there is a way for both......please let me know.

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
May I ask what your reasoning for removing logos is? I think out of all the US carriers, Verizon is the most tasteful when it comes to branding.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

Will1524

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
May I ask what your reasoning for removing logos is? I think out of all the US carriers, Verizon is the most tasteful when it comes to branding.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

Lol really have you seen the home button on the galaxy note 2?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Lol really have you seen the home button on the galaxy note 2?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

Yes, I have one. The complaints are over blown in my opinion.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2.

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it's possible to get the VZW branding off without removing the glass. So unless you're prepared to do that, I'd let it go. As for the back, it depends on what the ink or paint used is. If it's a UV cure epoxy, it's going to be tough to remove. If it's an ink, it may come off with some kind of mild solvent. I'd try mineral spirits on a cotton swab or alcohol at first. If the back is REALLY kevlar, these shouldn't hurt the resin. After that you can try stronger stuff like MEK (buy it at Lowes or Home Depot) but that very possibly WILL damage the resin binding the fibers. You can also try mechanically removing it with mild abrasives, but you will end up with a cloudy, hazed mess.

Personally, I don't think it's worth the risk. The markings are in fairly good taste, and damage to the surface they were printed on would be irrepairable.

Note that all advice given here is with the warning that they guy giving it would never try it, but hey, it ain't MY phone! :)